Masks

Marinette was proud of her work on the masks for the upcoming masquerade. For once, she was able to complete a project without any hiccups. Alya congratulated her on a job well done while Adrien marveled at the handmade mask in his hand. Marinette felt a little embarrassed, her cheeks rosy from the positive comments. But she was going to take it in stride. She earned it after all.

"You really are talented, Marinette." Adrien turned around and complimented her. He was always in awe of how talented his friends were. Sure, he had his own list of extracurricular activities, but they were mostly of his father's volition and not his passion.

The direct attention from Adrien startled Marinette. Her brain immediately screamed at her to keep calm lest she make a fool of herself. Knowing that she was bound to stutter if she tried to speak too much, she opted for a simple thank you and smiled.

Adrien's cheeks warmed and he turned forward, placing a hand on his chest to calm the sudden thumping of his heart. He was bewildered by the feeling and Nino asked him if he was okay. The knowing look on the DJ's face made him think that there was something he wasn't getting.

Disregarding the past ten seconds, Adrien took notice of the red and black polka-dotted mask in the collection of masks. After he pointed it out, Marinette mentioned that she also made a Chat Noir one for herself. Picking up the ladybug mask, he was surprised by how close it looked to the real thing.

"Chat Noir?" He questioned, realizing what Marinette had just said. He was curious as to why Marinette would choose to go to the masquerade as Chat and not Ladybug. He turned back towards her and raised the mask up. After all, he thought Ladybug suited her more.

...

There was a distinct pause as Adrien looked at the sight of Marinette with the mask in front of her. She looked down at him in confusion and became even more addled when he turned away without a word.

'Wow, Marinette looks a lot like Ladybug. I should tell Buginette that she has a twin.' He thought smittenly.