𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ♥︎

𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕣 This chapter includes mature content, which is marked by a heart divider.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

the dead: part four

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Sea and the rock below, cocked to the undertow.

Bones, blood & teeth erode with every crashing node.

Rosyln

Bon Iver & St. Vincent

2:30 ──────────༓────────── 4:49

IT WAS LIKE A BOMB HAD GONE OFF. The poignant ringing caused Corey's head to spin. She couldn't hear anything outside of the loud, incessant whirring of her ears. She hadn't even realized that Madison had followed her into the bedroom until the blonde was in front of her. The door had swung shut as the girl's silent steps moved towards her. Soft, cold, pale hands found themselves anchored to both sides of her face.

Madison's mouth moved, but it was as if the world that surrounded Corey was mute. The redhead furrowed her brow as her eyes scanned the girl's face. She took in the blonde's tearstained cheeks, her almost stone colored skin, the discoloration of her once pink lips as they moved. Corey pulled away from the blonde, her furrowed brow contorting into a scowl as she swallowed hard. She pushed off the bed, distancing herself from the actress.

"I don't want to hear your flimsy excuses, Madison." Corey's voice was harsh. Her features shifted into confusion once more as she realized she hadn't seen anything when Madison had touched her. She turned her head, blinking as she tried to understand the sudden pause in her power. She ran a hand down her face as her eyes scanned the room. She wanted to focus on something, anything, other than the broken pieces of the blonde in front of her.

"You're upset," the quiet whimper escaped Madison's lips. She took in a shaky breath. She wanted to build her walls back up. All it took to shoot her back down, to humble her, was Corey's tone. She hadn't seen the other girl that angry since Kyle was put back together like a three dimensional puzzle.

"I'm not." The redhead let her tongue press against the roof of her mouth. Her breath and tone leveled as she caught another glimpse of the crumpling doll in front of her.

"I know that face. That's your I'm-upset-with-you face." Madison took a shaky step forward, a single hand outstretched towards the musician. Her head tilted to the side as she locked eyes with the redhead. "And your eyebrows... they get really expressive when you're mad."

"I'm not fucking upset, Madison." Corey had snapped. The hairs on the back of her neck stood tall. The energy that surrounded her felt like a gust of wind had struck her in her outburst. Her demeanor screamed the exact opposite of her words as she clenched her jaw.

"Corey, just take my hand. Hold my hand for two seconds and you'll see that I didn't do anything. It was a misunderstanding." There it was, the pain that Madison had so desperately wanted to feel. The pain that she had practically begged to be able to feel again.

"It won't work," Corey said. She swallowed hard, sniffling as she ran the back of her hand across her upper lip. "I should've seen whatever had happened when you touched my face, or when I touched your wrists to take your hands off me. But I didn't. So it isn't going to work."