06. 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦

CHAPTER SIX.
going insane

Angeline was all too aware of the games her small family liked to play with her. They tried to make her feel like she was the irrational one, that she was spoilt and insane and some sort of... cry baby.

Sometimes it actually worked, and that was the part that Angeline despised the most.

Her cheeks were red and raw from all of the sobbing she'd been doing and her knuckles were a little bloody from bashing continuously against her bedroom door. They'd locked her in like a caged animal or a naughty child.

In less than two weeks, Angeline would be a legal adult and no doubt would they still treat her the same. However, as soon as summer came and she graduated with everything she needed, she was gone.

Angeline dreamt of a better future; one a lot more simplistic than this one. Hopefully she'd have a husband or wife that treated her how she treated them, and maybe a couple of kids if she ever grew out of her 'all babies are gross' phase.

Before that, Angeline wanted to land her dream career. She would change her last name to her mother's maiden name and cut all ties with her father and brother. Then she'd travel the world, no need for a security guard breathing down her neck because she would be normal.

Angeline would keep Ciara around, maybe they'd travel the world together.

Ciara: sneak out. come meet @ mine and we can smoke. you can shower after.

Angeline grinned brightly at the thought, rubbing under her sore eyes as she considered it. Sneaking out was nearly impossible with three guys on security 24/7, especially after she had just assaulted the head and was already in enough trouble.

To Ciara: i don't know how to get out. dad's REALLY not happy. under bedroom arrest :/

Ciara replied less than a minute later, much to Angeline's delight. She was surprised nobody had come to take her phone from her yet.

Ciara: you should have told them i put the weed in your bag angel

To Ciara: you can make it up to me by letting me borrow that limited edition bag you got from chanel

Ciara: it's a deal baby

The two teenage girls texted back and forth for hours, Angeline quickly forgetting all about the fact that she was being held captive in her own room. The sun had already set and she was now clad in a huge jumper and some cotton shorts, The Inbetweeners playing on her television in the background.

A quick knock came to her bedroom door, making Angeline's brows furrow. She set her phone down.

"What?" She called. "In case you don't know, you've locked me in. I can't let you in."

"It's me."

Angeline frowned at the sound of her brother's voice. She felt her fists ball up all over again, her anger getting the best of her. Simply his existence stressed her out and pushed her to her limits.

"Leave me alone, Elliot," her glum tone surprised the dirty blond outside who had been expecting some sort of witty reply in response.

"Dad's out," her older brother said. "Took Renolds with him. You never finished your dinner."

She heard the door unlock on his side and she sat up, watching as he pushed it open. Her eyes were burning with hatred as he entered the room, placing down the cold dinner on the edge of her bed.

Angeline wasn't stupid; far from it, actually. She knew what Elliot was doing. He probably did feel a little guilty, but only because this time their father had physically hurt her. If she accepted help from him now, the next time he screwed her over, because he definitely would, she knew it would be a lot harder to retaliate.