ena.

it was raining when changmin got out of his house with tear stained cheeks. he could still hear his parents throw insults at each other. changmin was tired of them. he picked up an umbrella and started walking along the street. it was nearly empty with no people around and the rain made the place colder than it was.

he held the umbrella close but the wind was making it hard for him to walk. he could feel his umber coloured hair matted with raindrops, sticking to his forehead. changmin focused on the tiny drops of rain that rolled over from his black umbrella.

the bright evening sky darkened to give way for the night. despite having an umbrella, changmin was almost drenched when he reached infront of a mart.

clover was written in bright neon sign on top of the mart. he got inside the place, the soft music instantly filling his ears. he smiled at the blonde boy who sat near the counter.

changmin browsed through the aisles to find something to eat, finally picking up instant noodles and a bottle of coke.

"hyungseo's not here?" changmin asked, placing the things he took on the counter. the other boy smiled. "no, he had some emergency so he left early." changmin nodded, taking out the money and giving it to the boy.

"thanks joonyoung!" he shouted before leaving.

_

changmin sat in the shade of an abandoned store in a stranded alleyway. he could hear the soft thud of raindrops on the roof. his half eaten noodles and the bottle of coke was left untouched.

the sky was now a plethora of black and blue, dotted with stars. he stood up, taking the left overs in a plastic bag, hoping to throw them at a nearby trash can.

he reached the road that connect the alleyways. lights from the stores that lined the roadside lit the place up. the roads were still slippery from the rain.

changmin was about to cross the road when a person ran into him, almost knocking the boy off. "watch it!" the person shouted before walking off.

"are you okay?" changmin heard someone ask. he looked up to see a ravenette, looking at him in concern. the boy was tall, way taller than changmin. "i'm okay," changmin replied, picking up the plastic bag from the ground which fell off from his hands when the random dude almost knocked him off.

"do you know me?" the other boy asked, walking along with changmin in the moon lit path. "i'm not sure i've seen you." changmin replied, looking down.

"oh it's fine, we are in the same class so i thought of saying hello when i saw you." the boy said with a light smile. "oh, i'm not exactly a social person."

the taller boy chuckled. "i know, i've never seen you talk with anyone. well except for chanhee."

changmin gave a nod at the question, dropping the cover in a trash can. both of them walking in a peaceful silence. changmin didn't feel awkward with the raven haired boy. he somehow felt calm?

changmin turned to look at the guy walking beside him. the moonlight was kissing his cheeks, making it gleam. younghoon must've felt changmin's eyes on him. he turned around and titled his head at the shorter boy. changmin blinked.

"what?" the taller raised an eyebrow. "what?" changmin asked back. "you were staring at me." the ravenette said with a shrug.

"i was not!" changmin said, turning away hiding his slight pink cheeks in embarrassment. the taller boy let out a chuckle whilst ruffling changmin's hair. "whatever you say."

"well, i'm turning left." younghoon gave a nod when he heard changmin. "sure, see you i guess." the taller boy said, walking ahead.

changmin was curious about the guy, he'll admit. why did the guy talk to him? did he have a motive? or was it just plain curiosity? he wanted to know. maybe that's why he made up his mind to ask the guy his name.

"hey! wait up," younghoon turned around. "i-i didn't get your name." the older boy's lips curved to a smile.

"its younghoon. kim younghoon."

____

another au !!