tessera.

younghoon was talking with his pack of friends, simultaneously joking and laughing with them. his attention was thieved by a cute umber haired boy who stood at the corner. he tapped juyeon's shoulders, who was busy talking with youngjae. juyeon turned around raising an eyebrow.

juyeon's eyes followed the line of sight where younghoon was looking at. "changmin? what about him?" juyeon mused. "i'll be right back" the ravenette said, walking over to where changmin was standing.

_

"interesting party huh?" changmin heard a voice, obviously turning to its direction. he couldn't see who it was due to the bright party lights blinding him. the boy moved to stand near changmin. now he could see the boy. it was the same person from last night.

"younghoon?" changmin asked, making the other boy chuckle. "you remembered my name," changmin gave a small nod as reply. younghoon was about to ask something when a fit of giggles interrupted them.

chanhee was giggling along with a group of teens — probably his friends. changmin watched them interact in silence. younghoon was silent, his eyes were trained on changmin's — who was busy staring at chanhee.

chanhee leaned in to kiss a guy and changmin swore that he heard his heart break. he could feel it slowly rupture and the blood that poured over. why is he the only one who's hurting?

right, it was fault. he should've known. he should've realised the small skips and somersaults his heart does whenever he's near chanhee would eventually make him fall. oh, and he did. he's still falling, his wax wings burning from the scorching heat of the stars. the same stars he picked up from the endless sky and placed on chanhee's eyes. the same stars which he held on to dear life.

changmin doesn't know when it started but he was attracted to the feeling like a moth drawn to a flame, for the warmth and brightness a flame possess. changmin was just the same, he was attracted to chanhee and the feeling which was still alien to him.

the feeling grew, it grew and grew to a point it became tantalizing flames which kindled him from the inside. changmin started to get acquainted to the feeling. he loved how it burned him from the inside but would still intoxicate him.

changmin was pulled out of his trance by a strong grip on his shoulder. changmin realised he was crying when he came back to his senses, making him wipe his cheeks. younghoon's eyes were soft when it met changmin's emotional ones. changmin was about to leave when the ravenette whispered a soft 'stop'.

changmin turned around, making younghoon take his bony hands and lead changmin out of the penthouse.

changmin was silent when younghoon brought him to the almost empty road. soft moonlight was the only thing that accompanied them. younghoon was contemplating whether to comfort changmin or not. something tells him to comfort the umber haired boy. something about changmin screams 'to be protected at all costs' younghoon couldn't put a finger on which though.

younghoon have been adoring the umber haired boy from a afar for a while now. no, he didn't like changmin. its just plain curiosity? right?

"um are you okay?" younghoon decided to break the silence. changmin bit his lips to prevent more tears from escaping. "i-iam okay," changmin let out, closing his eyes at the obvious waver in his voice. the umber haired boy heard younghoon sigh.

"i know you're not fine and i think the reason is pretty obvious but i'm not gonna pry." younghoon voiced out. changmin was relieved that the ravenette respected his privacy. he muttered a soft thankyou which made younghoon smile — a soft one which was barely seen hovering over his lips.

"but one thing," younghoon said, raising a finger. changmin titled his head, ever so lightly making his umber fringe sway to the side. younghoon found it cute.(he didn't say it ofcourse)

"be my friend!" changmin's eyes widened at younghoon's words. why would someone like him wanna be friends with me? was the first question that spiralled over in his mind but younghoon's smile seemed so genuine that changmin didn't have the heart to say no — not to a smile like that.

so, changmin agreed which made younghoon's smile even more bright. it could rival the stars, changmin wanted to see that smile more. younghoon put up his pinky making the umber haired boy look at him. the ravenette wiggled his finger indicating he wants changmin to hold it with his'. changmin couldn't stop but let out a chuckle. he intertwined his pinky with younghoon's, locking it tight which was a rather unconscious decision.