Chapter 9

I didn't want to get out of bed; I didn't want to leave my room; I didn't want to see Shane or Dale. If Dale I saw Dale again, I knew I would break down and tell him. I know I needed to vent about it to someone, but I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems.

I just laid in bed and tortured myself with my thoughts, I thought about how I constantly dragged Daryl down, every time he's gotten hurt it was my fault, I thought about if I should tell the group about Shane, and I thought about how they would react. It felt like days went by, but I knew it had only been a few hours since the sun had only moved slightly. I heard a knock on my door, but I ignored it, hoping whoever it was would go away.

The door opened revealing Maggie, "Beth is up."

I slowly dragged myself out of bed and walked to Beth's room. She was crying, but she was finally back with us. "Hey Beth." I walked over to her, bringing her into a hug, "How are you doing?"

She sniffled, "It's just pointless."

I took a step back and shook her shoulders a little "Don't you dare say that, don't you ever say that. You gotta stay strong Beth, we need you, I need you. We'll get through this, we'll all get through this." I brought her in for another hug and she held me tightly.

"Thank you" she mumbled into my hair.

"I'll be back later, I'm gonna go out hunting" I broke the hug again.

She didn't speak just nodded her head. "I'll send someone to bring you something to eat all right, you look like you need it."

I walked downstairs to see Lori in the kitchen "Hey, Y/n, how's Beth doing?"

"She seems distant but I can't blame her, she just lost her ma"

Lori nodded her head and picked up a tray of food, I gave her a questioning look "It's for Beth." she explained.

"Perfect, I was just gonna send someone up her way anyways. Also just to let you know I'll be going out today, should be back by dark so don't let anyone worry."

She stopped walking up the stairs and turned around to face me, "You sure that's a good idea?"

I sighed "I just... I can't be here right now."

She nodded her head and continued walking back up "Just be careful."

I started falling back into my normal routine, walk around the farm, go out into the woods, and come home at some point. Today I just wasn't feeling the woods, normaly they made me feel at peace but today it felt different, something was off. I made my walk fast and got back to the farm as fast as I could, I saw Andrea and Maggie rushing into the house. I quickly followed after them worried about someone being hurt again.

I ran through the door "Maggie!"

"We're in here" Lori called out from the dining area.

"Beth she... she tried to kill herself..."

"What do you mean she tried to kill herself?" I asked.

"For lunch I gave her chicken, she didn't eat the food, I took the plate back and the knife was gone. She took it, she wanted to kill herself."

Maggie and I exchanged a look and then raced up the stairs. When we got to the Beth's room we found her sitting on top of her bed staring into the void. "Beth?" I called out softly.

Both me and Maggie took a seat on the bed next to her. "Mom would be ashamed to have raised such a coward. What about dad?" Maggie asked.

"He's clueless. He had us waiting for a cure."