Heartbeat

Author POV
Exactly at 4 PM, people started to leave the office, leaving Yoona there. Someone from another department ave her a file and she wanted to finish before tomorrow since tomorrow she has classes and she wants to study for it.

Around 8, Yoona turned off her desk lamp and saw lights coming from Lee Minho's, the manager, office.
She met his eyes and she bowed before she left the department. She went to the elevators and waited for it to come to the 6th floor.

The door opened and she saw the CEO standing there, on his phone, his eyes seemed to be focused on the screen on his phone. He didn't seem to notice her so she entered the elevator, but before she did so, she bowed to him briefly. There was not any reaction coming from him. She was staring at the indicator of the floor they were on and noticed she have fogotten to press the floor she wanted to go. She press the one button and waited. She threw another glance at the CEO and noticed he was sleeping and not texting or playing on his phone.

She looked at him like he was an alien. "He is weird." She whispered to herself and looked away. "Weird and mean." She convinced herself. "Yah." Taecyeon suddenly said which scared her. She fall backward. Luckily there was a wall behind her to support her. "Omo." Yoona first said and forced a smile. "I thought he was asleep." She said quietly to herself.

"I'm always alert. Especially when there's noises." He said and looked at Yoona with his cold eyes. She faced the opposite way.

Suddenly, the elevator stopped moving, it stopped with a big sound and the both of them looked at the ceiling of it. Taecyeon leaned against the wall of the elevator and started to breathe heavily with the lights out. "What's that?" He asked while Yoona was calm and went to the buttons, the only things that were still lit in the elevator.
She pressed on the emergency button but there was no alarm.

She pressed on the button again but nothing happened. She sighed. "The button is not working." She said and turned to the CEO who was on the floor. He had turned on the flashlight from his phone, now he was trying to catch his breath.

Yoona kneeled besides him. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Can't breathe." He only said. "Bwo?" Yoona asked worried. "You're afraid..." She wanted to ask but she knew it was not the right time. "You're panicking too much. Try to slow down your breathing first." She tried to help. "Aish, what should I do?" She asked herself, lost.

Taecyeon's phone shut down and the only light left was from the buttons. The situation is getting worst especially when someone is about to die.

"Slow down your breathing." She tried to help again, this time Taecyeon pushed her away. To tell her to stop talking. "Not hel..ping." He succeeded to say.

"I'm trying to help and you respond like that?" She asked and thought for a while. She knew what to do. She put her hands on each side of the CEO's head, whom tried to removed them.

"It will work." Yoona said and Taecyeon just stopped pushing her away because he is losing his strength.
Cold sweat covered his forehead. She pulled his head closer to her heart. "Just follow my heartbeat." She said.

Her heartbeat was beating, slowly and her breathing was normal. She just hoped it worked. Taecyeon wasn't moving anymore, he was silent. "Is he dead?" She asked herself. "Shut up." Taecyeon said weakly and Yoona rolled her eyes.

"Even when you're like that, you're still mean." She whispered but Taeyeon only ingored her. The door of the elevator was then forced open.

"Mr. Ok." Mr. Kim called, Taecyeon pushed Yoona away and the helpers helped him out first. They were stopped in between the second floor and the first one. After he was out, Yoona helped herself out, without help. "Omo." She did when looked at the clock on the wall from the first floor. She bowed to everyone and ran out of the building.

Mr. Kim first helped Taecyeon to a bench and went to buy a water bottle. "Are you alright?" He asked him and the CEO only nodded. He was looking at the main entrance. "You're a bit red." His secretary commented. "Do you know how hot it is inside that thing?" He asked angry. He turned back to the main entrance. "She did all these just for one thing..." He whispered, his eyes filled with hatred.

The next day, Yoona brought her book from school in a paper bag. She was running towards an elevator and when she reached inside of it, there was only the CEO standing there, with Mr. Kim and Lee Minho. She hesitated before she entered. "Good morning." Minho said to her with a smile. "Annyeongahseyo." She said to him and returned his smile. She turned to Mr. Kim and Taecyeon and bowed to them lightly. She was standing silently at the front corner when the CEO turned to her. "Don't think I will fall into the trap." He said and Yoona turned to him, wondering at first if he was talking to her and he was. She looked at him confusedly and wondered what was wrong with him in the morning.

"You just did that for money. Right?" He asked.

"Bwo? What are you talking about?" She asked, still lost and ignored him.

"What you did last night, just give up on that plan, I won't fall for it." Yoona then realized what he meant. She turned to him angry. "If I wanted to have money, I will already have told the media about this, just spreading rumors with make ruin your reputation."

"Who said you won't do it?" The CEO said.

"Geurae, I will do it right now. The next time I will see you, it's for blackmailing." She said and when the elevator stopped at the 3rd floor she walked out of it. "Not everyone think about money like you." She said and walked to the stairs.

"Yah..." Taecyeon said and Mr. Kim and Minho stopped him. "Don't you think you just hurt her feelings?" He asked.
"I'm your childhood friend, and you're taking the stranger's side?" Taecyeon asked, in disbelief.

"I'm not, I'm just saying a fact."

"Mr. CEO, don't you think that if she really wanted to blackmail you, you would be taking the back doors right now, and that you won't be standing here, without any reporters on each floor? She wouldn't have waited today, she would have done it last night." Mr. Kim tried to explain and Taecyeon only looked in front of him.
Both Minho and Mr.Kim smiled, knowing they have won this argument.

Yoona was typing on the keyboard to retouch the last file and the woman who gave her the files went to her desk. "Take these files to the CEO." She said, pointing at the files she just finished to retouch. She took a deep breath to calm her anger, just thinking about the CEO. "Deh." She said.

"Now." The other woman said, coldly, and left. The young lady pouted lightly before she stood up, and picked up the four files from her desk. She slowly walked towards the exit of the department. When she arrived at the levators, she pressed the button to go upstairs.

When she reached the 22nd floor, she went to Mr. Kim. "Annyeonghaseyo." She said with a bright smile. "Annyeong." Mr. Kim said back with a smile. "I was told to bring you these files."

"Really?" Mr. Kim asked and took the files. "I found it strange since Mr. Lee haven't signed them yet." As soon as Yoona spoke, Taecyeon took the files. "I told them to bring them to me. I didn't know they will send her. Since you're here, come in." He said and went back inside his office.

Yoona looked at Mr. Kim and he just nodded, encouraging her to fllow him and that everything will be alright. She nodded and followed Taecyeon to his office. When she was in his office, she closed the doors by reflexes and stood there, in front of them. The CEO put down the files and turned to her. The lady was only looking around, amazed as the size of the office.

Taecyeon cleared his throat and she quickly turned to look at him.

"It's a bit hurtful what I said this morning." He started to say. "A bit?" Yoona asked under breath. "Okay, I know what I said was really mean. I apologize." He finished to say and she looked at him surprised. For a long while, she just looked at him, with her suprised face.