[Arc 1.1] Hail the Campus Villainess

( EDITED, 9.12.2020 )

Darkness invaded Helena's mind as she had confirmed her answer.

When she opened her eyes, she found the same A. I that had brought her out of her world.

'That little fox said something about procedure, right?'

She looked around the dark before she nearly jumped from the sudden voice.

[Hello, Host Messereś! We meet again!!]

The AI then felt Helena's glare. The AI was no stranger to these stares, but in front of Helena's, it actually started to sweat a bit.

AI: Don't blame this AI!! It was only programmed to do this! ╮(╯_╰)╭

[B-before we start the procedure, does Host Messereś have any questions before it?]

Helena stopped glaring at the AI, much to its relief and did have a few.

"One, do I get to pick the world and two, do I get to learn skills?"

[Answering the first question, no. Hosts and Systems don't have the authority to choose a world and only receive it through the Higher Ups to which they send it to me then to Host Messereś! And to Host Messereś second question, since Host Messereś has some skills from her world before this, Host Messereś won't be getting any skills to learn until your second world where the difficulty will rise according to Host's received rank!]

[Any other questions?]

Seeing as she shook her head as her response, the AI displayed a book with a maroon-coloured cover with a rose design. The title said, 'The Campus Sweetheart'.

Helena: (vomits blood in head)

Just from the title alone, she could guess it was a school campus themed story with romance. And didn't that AI said the first world was easy?!!

Helena shuddered and wanted to vomit once more because of the title. How many people cursed her in her past life to have such bad luck?!

She held the book and skimmed through the story, nearly vomiting through it all, and had a single sentence for it...

' Which teenager wrote this abomination?! '

————————————————————————

The story was about an FL called Bethany Lanés. Like every main character, she had a flaw in her character. She was born with good looks, personality, and smarts but had a poor yet loving family.

She was an only child that helped her parents work during young and studied at the local library by herself. But when she reached high school, she decided to go to another country for better education and landed herself a scholarship in a top grade, ivy league, boarding school.

There, she met the ML, Chris Ronan. They met each other when they were assigned together for a project which they were supposed to do at his family's mansion. Upon meeting, Bethany immediately assumed he was one of those rich, player boys that thought with their desires instead of their head.

So before they even arrived in front of his house, she calmly requested on doing the project herself and turned away, leaving him without his answer.

Chris, being the aloof and calm Ice King, was surprised by her sudden actions and had unknowingly stared at her until she left. She had left an impression on him.

Days later, Chris asked her why she had turned away from him at that time. The honest answer she gave had made Chris laugh in a long time. The action made Bethany embarrassed, but they had resolved their misunderstanding and scheduled another time to start the project.