[Arc 1.13]

For the past week, Maria had been on a continuous cycle. She would wake up, go to classes, come back to her room, continue on her computer, sleep and repeat.

From Shadow's point of view, he could see that she was...too laidback on her first mission!! Multiple times he wanted to cry. If she couldn't complete her first task, the only option for her was a penalty.

Now at the beginning of the new week, Maria was given a notice by her class monitor. She quickly read through and looked up, "A festival?"

"Yes, all students are to participate in categories of their choice; showcasing, dance or singing." She quickly explained before hurriedly giving her goodbye and left.

Maria watched her departing back with watchful eyes before she herself left to her dorm.

'System, pull up a screen on that girl.'

The screen showed a video of the girl meeting up with Rose in an empty room of the performing arts building, where she gave her money and let the girl leave without giving her another look.

Rose came out of the room after waiting for a long while. But upon leaving, she was bumped by another girl. Her looks could be said to be above-average, being a sweet beauty. Rose looked up to see who it was and was in acting mode but seeing who it was, her eyes darkened while the girl bowed to her and hurriedly left.

Maria, who was now lounged in her room, had her interest dragged towards the girl, "System, I seem to remember I need to stop Rose from rising in the entertainment circle?"

Shadow didn't need her to let him know by what she meant with words and conducted a scan.

[ Ding! Encountered Diana Valdez, the rival of Rose Jadien. Occupied by another task taker called Alissa Valdez. ]

"Oh? I think I've heard her name somewhere..."

[ Host, you don't even bother to know the name of your dormmate? ]

Maria's face froze before she looked towards the plaque. Sure enough, accompanying her name was Diana Valdez just below it. She could only rub her nose before avoiding her system's accusing gaze and returned back to the topic, "Is any interacting between Hosts in-private going against the rules?"

[ As long as Hosts don't interact in public and if they do, but the public doesn't have their suspicions aroused, then the rule doesn't apply. ]

Delighted, Maria smiled before she lit her computer again and a few strings of numbers appeared before she took out her phone and dialled a number. Her cool voice spoke into it as soon as it picked up, "Come to the dorm room. I have an offer for you, miss Alissa."