Chapter One

Mark:
       I was getting ready for my new series, "Five Nights at Freddy's: VR: Help Wanted," when I heard a knock on my studio door. I set my VR down and walked over to the door, hearing the squeak of the floorboards. I opened it, seeing (Y/N) standing there, with a sandwich on a plate and my canteen full of water in the other. I smiled.
    "Sorry if you were already recording! I just didn't hear anything and I didn't know if you ate anything today! So... I made you a sandwich!" He explained, smiling.
    "Thank you, (Y/N)," I said, and took the plate and the canteen. "No, I wasn't recording, and no I actually haven't eaten today," I responded.
    "Mark, you know you should eat. Especially if you want to be healthy," (Y/N) lectured. It made me smile, hearing his voice. I loved to hear him talk. Or do anything. I loved to watch him just... exist. "Mark!"
    "Oh, sorry," I said, slightly flustered. "Whaddya say?"
    (Y/N) furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Mark, what's wrong?" He asked, with concern in eyes. "You talk to me about everything. I know everything about you, there's nothing to hide."
    I cleared my throat and readjusted my stance. "Nothing, Cherry, it's okay," I said, bringing out our special nickname. I always used it to convince (Y/N) into whatever I was thinking/saying/doing. It was usually true, but I was hiding something: I was gay, and had a crush on him. I couldn't tell him that. I know he's (Y/Sexuality), but I don't think I'm ready yet.
    (Y/N) sighed. "Alright. You know I'm here for you, Peach," he said in return. "Peach" was another special nickname, but for me. It was a type of inside joke, where we were hanging out as a picnic on a summer day, and the only food (Y/N) brought were peaches and cherries, because he had forgotten to bring anything else. It was a nice day, but extremely hot. The fruit was refreshing.
    I smiled at him. "Yes, I know. Now can I eat my sandwich?" I asked, gesturing at the food still on my plate.
    (Y/N) rolled his eyes. "Yes, yes. Don't forget to throw the plate away when you're done, so cockroaches don't start to come in," he directed as he walked away.
    I chuckled. I was always a clean guy, but (Y/N) had let other people dirty up his place, so he was used to reminding me. I turned and shut the door with my foot, sitting down on the floor. I began to eat, pulling out my phone and going to Instagram. I scrolled through people's posts, liking comments and responding to some. I finished my sandwich and got up to throw the plate away. I walked back into my studio, shut the door, took a sip of my water and pressed record. I put my VR set on and started the video.

    I finished my outro, sweating from the fear and anxiety that game gave me, and stopped recording. I texted Lixian that the video was done, and he would be on the way soon to edit it. He was definitely the best editor I had. He was entertaining, and an all around good guy. He's become one my best friends.
I took another sip of my water and walked out of the studio. The living room was empty, so I assumed (Y/N) was in his room, studying or doing work. I decided to take a shower, and headed to the bathroom.
    After my shower, I dressed, and walked out into the living room. I saw (Y/N) and Lixian talking, which made me smile. "Hey guys!"
    "Hello!" they both responded, and Lixian went into the studio to start his work. He was always such a shy and introverted guy.
    "What are your plans now?" (Y/N) asked, sitting on the couch and turning the TV on.
    "I don't think anything else," I responded, pulling my phone out and checking my calendar. I shook my head, "Nope, nothing else. You doing anything?"
    "Nah, I finished my essay and emailed it to my professor. I am ready to relax," he said and stretched.
    "Oh, nice!" I exclaimed, and sat next to him. The TV was turned onto the usa today channel, and Law&Order: SVU was playing. (Y/N) loved that show.
   My mind started wandering. (Y/N) was all I could think about. Everything I saw somehow reminded me of him. Even if he didn't like the thing I saw, it reminded me of him. I knew he loved horror games, and all throughout recording all I could think about was how he would react to what I was doing or what I was saying. It made me smile, thinking about his laugh or one of his tangents he would go on about something he didn't like or something he loved. His eyes, too, made my knees weak. They were so big and full of wonder, it made me want to show him the world and how wonderful it can be. How beautiful it can be.
    We watched a couple episodes, then (Y/N) turned off the TV. "Wanna go swimming?" He asked. "I'm bored."
    "Sure!" I said excitedly. That would be the perfect thing to calm my nerves and help me relax. We both got up and went to our separate rooms, putting on swimming trunks and grabbing a towel. (Y/N) brought the sunscreen, because I never remembered. I stopped by my studio and peeked in, seeing Lixian hard at work. I didn't want to bother him, so I shot him a text saying that (Y/N) and I were going swimming. (Y/N) put on his orange crocs and I slipped on some black flip flops and off we went, into our backyard.
    Yes, we have a pool in our backyard. It took a lot of work, but me and (Y/N) got it done. It was truly one of life's best luxuries.
    (Y/N) almost immediately jumped into the pool, coming back up and slicking his dark red hair back. "Come in! It feels great!"
    I smiled, slipping off my shirt and jumping in. We made sure to make a deep and shallow end, the deepest part of the pool being only 7 ft because (Y/N) had thalassophobia, an intense fear of the sea or big bodies of water. Basically, he needed to see the floor of the pool.
    We stayed in the pool for a few hours, Lixian coming out after awhile. He rolled up his jeans and slipped his feet in.
    "Lixian, if you want to come in I have an extra pair of swimming trunks," (Y/N) suggested, floating around on a floaty we had, his body glistening from the tanning lotion.
    "Oh, no thanks. I need to get going soon," he responded.
    (Y/N) turned around and lowered his sun glasses. Uh oh. I knew what this meant.
    "Lixian, go get my extra pair of swimming trunks or I will push you in with your clothes on. I know you want to get in," (Y/N) said and slipped his shades back on and relaxed. I couldn't help but snicker. He always knew how the person felt, or what the atmosphere in the room was. He was good at stuff like that. Others called him an 'empath,' but I just see him as (Y/N). He's always been like that.
    Lixian looked at me with worry, and I just smiled and shook my head. In defeat, Lixian got up and went inside.
    I sank down into the water, walking over to (Y/N). "How do you do it?" I asked.
    "Do what?" He responded without moving.
    "Just, know how others are feeling?"
    "I don't really know. I've had it since I was a kid. It's just a gut feeling and I can feel it in my heart. Kinda like how I found out I was (Y/Sexuality). I just... kind of new it."
    "Hm," I said, interested. But I stayed quiet and let myself float as I held onto the floaty.
    Suddenly, I was pushed under water by a body, and when we came up I saw that Lixian had jumped right on top of me, and (Y/N) was laughing.
    "Oh yeah?" I said, and grabbed Lixian's arm and brought him down underwater. The rest of the day was spent with us splashing each other and dunking each other underwater. It was a good day.