Dinner Pt. 2

I reached over and set my hand on Aph's thigh. She put her hand on top of mine and squeezed my hand. 

     "I love you," I said softly. 

     "I love you too, Babe," She smiled. We ordered food and I quietly looked at Kai.

     "So, how long have you two been together?" He asked.

     "Well, I've known her for fourteen years, we were dating for four years, and we've been engaged for a little less than a year," Aphmau said as she lifted her hand off of my hand and set her hand on the table. Her gaze lied on the engagement ring on her finger.

     "Good for you too," Kai smiled and I saw a bit of jealousy in his smile. I smirked knowing that he was jealous. Even if only a little. 

     This is my woman. You should kindly back off. Ugh, I wish I could say that to him out loud. But I'll try and keep that to myself.

     "He treats me very well," Aphmau smiled to me. I looked at him for a split second before looking down at my beautiful fiancée. She kissed my cheek and looked back to Kai.

     "So, how do you two know each other?" I asked. It's a question I had for a while.

     "We work together," Kai said. 

     Aphmau works at a maid cafe... So he gets to see her in the cute, tiny maid outfit... every day... That's reassuring... 

     "Oh, I see," I sighed. 

     He mumbled something and I don't think he meant for me to hear it but I did, "She looks great in that maid costume..." I squeezed Aph's thigh tightly and she looked over at me. 

     "Are you ok?" She whispered. I nodded slowly.

     "Yeah," I mumbled. 

     "Ok," Her bubbly voice returned, "I am gonna head to the bathroom. I'll be right back." She stood up and left the table. 

     The moment she was out of hearing range I spoke, "I heard what you said."

     "What do you mean?" Kai asked.

     "About her in the maid costume..." I put my hands down on the table.

     "Oh... That," He chuckled.

     "Listen here. If you g-" I stopped as the waiter came over to fill up our waters. The waiter left and I continued. "-If you go anywhere near her or get any ideas with her. I. Will. End. You."

     "What would your precious fiancée think if she heard you talking to her 'friend' like that?" As he said the would 'friend' he put air quotations. I tensed up.

     "What do you mean 'Friend?'" I asked, mimicking his hand motion.

     "Oh, she hasn't told you?" He asked.

     "What do you mean?" I asked. My frustration and anger building up. 

     He's just trying to get under your skin. Aphmau would never do that to me... Never... N-Never..?

     "Hey, I'm back," Aphmau sat down next to me. I leaned back in my chair with my arms crossed.

     She would never. She loves you. Only you... O N L Y  Y O U...

     "Are you alive, Aaron?" Aphmau giggled.

     "I need to talk to you," I grabbed her hand and we got up and walked somewhere alone.

     "Aaron? What's wro-" She was cut off by me.

     "-What is he to you?" I asked crossing my arms.

     "Just a friend. Please, don't get like this..." She sighed.

     "A friend? Then what are you to him?" I asked. She hugged me.

     "I don't know. A friend, I assume," She looked up at me.

     "He seems awfully fond of you," I put my arms around her and pulled her close.

     "What do you mean?" She asked.

     "He mumbled something. He said, 'She looks great in that maid costume,'" I crossed my arms.

     "R-Really? I mean... I do work in my maid outfit every day. I'm sure you're aware that guys probably check me out," She said. My grip tightened.

     "I know that! But still. At least those creeps don't tell me that!" I yelled. 

     "Aaron, you're gonna make a scene," She looked up at me.

     "I don't care if I make a scene!" I yelled.

     "Please, Aaron," She gripped me.

     "Let's just go back to the table," I rolled my eyes.

     "Yes, please..." She squeezed my hand tightly.

     "Come on," We walked back to the table. The food had already gotten to the table. I sat down and quietly began eating. 

~~~~~

     We finished eating in silence. The check got to the table and I quickly grabbed it. I paid and waited for them to return my card. I kissed Aph's cheek. We got the check back and I quickly signed the receipt and put my card back in my wallet. I grabbed Aph's hand.

     "We better get going," I stood up and Aph did the same.

     "Great to meet you," Kai smiled.

     "You too." And with that, we left. I was so sick of this. Aphmau and I went into my car and I quietly drove home. My knuckles whitened with my tight grip on the wheel.

     "Aaron. Can we talk?" Aphmau said as we went inside.

     "No, I'm going to bed," I went upstairs and changed. 

     "Please," She said. 

     "Good night," I lied in bed.

     "G-Good night," She said. I slowly fell asleep. 

     I can't do this...