Chapter 20

Molly lay in the middle of the big bed that they all shared, curled up. She was lost, they all knew it. But the question was, how did they help her? "She hasn't gotten up all day. This has to stop. We have to get her to want to live again," Lennox told Marcus and Nicolas, who stood watching her.

Alexander pushed through them and picked her up off the bed, rocking her in his arms. Poor bastard had been her whipping boy the last couple of weeks. She had so much anger boiling under that small frame, they all worried what she might be capable of when she was healed.

The bruises were finally yellowing on her face and the swelling had gone down. The white of her left eye was still blood red from the beating that fucker put on her. Alexander had scouted everywhere to find Charles, but to no avail. It was like the ass had been wiped clean from the earth. Marcus's phone buzzed and he left the other two to go answer it.

"I have it on good authority that only a couple of the missing innocents are being captured by the MMs. But the vampires are finding the 2% to help build themselves up against the wolves. The bloody fools want to make more women," Nicolas told Lennox, shaking his head in disgust. "I think we should take Molly out of the country for a bit. But I think Scotland might be a hot spot with all the wolves out looking for blood. I'm thinking somewhere sunny and warm to take her out of this damp mood."

Marcus came back into the room looking even more downcast than before. "Nikon was right. I think that boy might be of more use than we first thought. That was Ryklin who just called. Tipton has somehow escaped from their prison."

Nicolas shook his head as his brows pinched together. "How could that have possibly happened? Unless, no, but maybe... There could be a traitor among his household."

Marcus nodded at his conclusion. "Yes, my thoughts precisely as well."

Lennox growled, crossing his arms as he shook his head. "That is not good. Tipton is obsessed with her. The first thing he's going to be looking for is where she's located. We need to get her out of here now," he fumed. "I've been around Tipton for a long time, and that bastard plays dirty when he doesn't get what he wants."

"Yes, and what he wants most is his brother's wife and kingdom," Marcus said, thinking aloud. "I agree, we need to take her away from here. But we're going to have to do it in shifts. Two with her, and two working New York. In that we can make our plans to conquer this fool."

Lennox ran his hands through his hair while staring at the floor. "If I take her to my home, my world, Tipton would never be able to find her there. There I could have everything at my fingertips to stop whatever came at her...but if I brought her to my home, then I'd have to tell her everything, everything about who I am," he said as the two vampires squinted at him and his meaning. "She'd wonder why I wasn't truthful with her, and after she found out about me knowing the truth about the maturing cycle, and there's still more to come... Damn it, I'm too deep into this to tell her everything now!" he murmured.

Marcus shook his head. "I have no idea in bloody hell what you're talking about but, she stays here, with all of us, that's final," he warned, then got down to business. "It's now time for us to get to work building up our allies, mates, because if we don't...it will all drop down on us if we don't have our shit together."

"Barmy hell, yah don't get it!" Lennox growled and turned towards the master suite.

Nicolas turned to Marcus. "Did he just say barmy? I've never heard him speak Irish before..."

"Oh who bloody cares what he said...let's just figure out how we're going to protect our bird!" Marcus hissed.

A moment later Lennox came from the bedroom, looking defeated as his hands ran through his black shaggy hair. He walked past Marcus and Nicolas without a word, because he just didn't want to hear any shit from them either as he made his way to the kitchen. He went over to the fridge, pulled out a beer and stood against the counter, thinking how incredibly hard that was for him to do. The last thing he wanted was to yell at her when she was so broken. Then her asking him if he was mad over the baby—that nearly gutted him!