Chapter 31 - Marked

Daniel and I were in his room, our feet tired from standing for eight hours straight. It was past midnight, and most people were still outside partying. However, we decided to head home early.

The first thing he did was take off his shoes and throw himself onto the bed. I did the same. Both of us didn't even bother to change our clothes.

"How are your feet?" He asked me, rolling onto his side so he could look into my eyes.

"Tired. How about yours?"

"Same," he sat up and offered, "How about a foot massage?"

"Are you sure? My feet are probably all gross from wearing shoes for such a long time."

"I'm sure. If I can do anything to make you feel even a little bit better, I will. Even if I have to suck some stinky toes," he said the last part with a playful smirk.

"Eww," I said and then laughed at his 'generous' offer.

"Anyways, bring those cheese-smelling toes over here," he joked around.

I nudged him playfully. "They do not smell like cheese!"

He smiled, his teasing satisfying him. He reached for my feet, gently moving his hands so that he applied pressure to my feet.

The gentle pressure helped ease the soreness. After he finished with the first foot, he moved on to the second.

"You're really good at this," I said, slightly surprised.

"I used to give my mom a massage whenever she was feeling tired or stressed."

I smiled slightly. "That was nice of you."

"She did a lot for me, it was the least I could do."

Daniel is such a kind person. He's so amazing, I can't believe I got lucky enough to have him as my mate.

After he finished, I asked, "Would you like one too?"

"Just on my shoulders for a little bit."

I nodded and sat behind him on the bed. While he sat down, facing away from me, I was on my knees to get a better angle.

"Just so you know, I'm not very good at this," I admitted.

"Don't worry about it. Just apply some pressure. If your doing it, I know I'll enjoy it."

I smiled at his comment.

I began to massage his shoulders gently. "Just a little more pressure," he said softly. I did as he said, and noticed he closed his eyes.

"Is that good," I asked as I looked down at his dark brown locks.

"Perfect."

My eyes travelled from his hair to the back of his neck. I stopped for a moment and carefully leaned down to press a soft kiss on the side of his neck. He jumped suddenly and turned around to look at me.

"Oh.. Sorry if that bothered you, I just-"

"Not at all," he said quietly. "The opposite, actually."

Before I realized what was going on, he had me pinned on the bed.

"I believe we had something pending, my Princess."

His deep blue eyes stared at me intensely, making me melt under his gaze.

I suddenly became aware of my breathing, which had become labored as thoughts from earlier played through my head.

I watched intently as Daniel's eyes wandered to my lips, his expression clearly showing his desire. He lowered his face towards mine, my lips parting instinctively in want and anticipation.