Chapter 2

March 21, 2020 (Annual Purge)
12:00 PM

Third Person's PoV

"Sir, we found him." a lady with all white whispered to an elderly man sitting infront of a bunch of elite people.

The man nodded and fixed his tuxedo as his secretary signals him to follow her.

"That's all for today. Blessed our nation." the man nodded as he ended the meeting and followed his secretary.

The man got in his office and locked the door as the secretary arranged the laptop on his desk showing a picture of a young man.

"Lee Taeyong, age 25. Work as a part time cashier on a store."

"Is that him?" the man asked and the secretary nodded.

"Kill him."

-- 2 hours before the annual purge --

Taeyong's PoV

"Are you guys sure? We can stay with y'all." Yuqi said.

Kailangan nilang umalis kasi pinapatawag sila ng parents nila and ayaw namin na madamay pa sila.

"Don't worry guys, nandito naman kami eh." sabi naman ni Johnny sa kanila.

Johnny trained in military kaya alam namin na magaling siya sa away.

"Yoooo, pwede dito kami tumambay?"

"Mark, anong ginagawa niyo dito? We told you to stay in the dorm." saway ko sa mga ito.

"Come on hyung, we want to purge too." pagpupumilit ni Ten.

I let out a deep sigh at tumango na lang.

Di na namin mapipigilan mga batang 'to , ilang oras na lang purge na. Naka-alis na din sila Lucas at Yuqi eh.

Naka-secure na rin ang tindahan kung sakaling magpapakita sila Yeri.

"So, hyung sa rooftop na lang kami muna tatambay." sambit naman ni Doyoung.

Tumango naman ako at pinagpatuloy na ang ang pagsarado ng tindahan.

"The weapons are ready." Jaehyun whispered and I nodded.

*static sounds on the TV*
"This is not a test

This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge,  sanctioned by the South Korean Government. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge.

Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and South Korea, a nation reborn. May God be with you all."

A loud siren sounds covered the whole place.

"It has began."