Chapter 1

March 20, 2020 ( a day before the Annual Purge)
10:30 AM

Taeyong's point of view

“Jisung-ah! Jisung-ah!”

I was lying here helpless as I witnessed a group of children hitting and kicking Jisung. My brother has to be saved, sh*t. Although I attempted to stand up, I couldn't even manage it.

As I wipe it with my sleeve, blood drips onto the side of my mouth. In the middle of this pitch-black alley, I was on the verge of screaming for aid, but nobody is there. Since I don't even know these men, all I have to rely on is what Jisung told me—that he defeated them in a game and took all of their money. What the heck, I had no idea this child gambled.

He received a kick to the gut from the other child, who yelled, "Give us back our money!" at him. Due to the fact that I am powerless to assist him, I tightened my fist.

While wiping away his blood, Jisung murmured, "I win the game, and that money has already been gone."

The other youngster exclaimed, "You... you piece of shit! You cheated!"

The other youngster kicked Jisung after seeing him sneer at them.

I observed them as they simply carried on with what they were doing. I can do nothing, sh*t.

The other child pulled out a revolver and pointed it at Jisung, which caused my eyes to enlarge. When the youngster fired the trigger, I could see the fear in Jisung's eyes.

— "Jisung-ah!"

Someone pounded the back of my head, "Yah! Wake up," and I opened my eyes. I tightened my hand as I was about to start crying.

Jaehyun, who has troubled eyes, is in my line of sight.

He brushed the tears from my cheek and asked, "Dreaming about him again?"

He smiled at me reassuringly and cupped my face.

"Look, tomorrow is the annual purge. We'll help you to find those guys and we will make sure you'll get your revenge."

I give him a half smile when a door of store open signaling that there are customers. I went back to the cashier while Jaehyun went back to cleaning on the shampoo aisle.

A group 5 girls came in and greeted me with their flirty voice tone. Geez, that's cringey. They are a regular customers and I think I'm really used to them flirting on me. They are known as the school fuckgirls, they fuck around with any boys. I won't be surprised if they're getting aids.

"Hi taetae." Yeri greeted as she stood infront of the cashier counter with really revealing clothes. I don't even know if thats a clothes.

I greeted her with a smile.

"Is there anything I can help?" I asked. Be nice Taeyong.

"Uhmm, my friends and I are looking for a snacks like you." she confidently said.

"Excuse me?" I asked even though I clearly heard it.

"Just kidding, we're looking for snacks."

These girls seriously, they are a regular here and still asked where the snacks area.

I give her a half smile and give her the direction.

"Thanks babe." she whispered shoving me her cleavage and I cringe to the smell of her perfume.

She walks out and went to the snack area when Jaehyun walks towards me, worried.

"Is she bothering you?" he asked.

"Uh, no. She asked where the snack area." Jaehyun seems pleased to my answer as he go back to work.

A high pitched laugh covered the whole store and I watched the surveillance camera on the snack area and saw Yeri shoving a Sneaker bar on her boobs.

I immediately walk to that area to warn her. She's stealing.

"Oh, look who we got here." Joy said playing the collar of y shirt.

"Put it back." I said with a monotone.

Irene chuckled. "Put what?"

"Come on Yeri, I saw you showing that chocolate bar on your boobs." I defended.

"Ohhh, you want it back? Then get it." Shoving her cleavage on me as I saw the chocolate bar.

"You can get it Tae, we'll call the police and tell them you harassing us." Seulgi threatened. I clenched my fist and they all laugh.

"Hey, put it back." Jaehyun shouted walking towards us.

"Ohh, the boyfriend is here. What are you going to do with us then?" Wendy with her bitchy tone.

"Oi oi oi, what's that?" the door from the shop suddenly open revealing two people.

"Lucas, Yuqi. What are ypu doing here?" I asked the two.

"Is it bad to visit our friends?" Lucas said.

"What's going on here?" Yuqi asked as they walks towards us.

Tinignan ni Yuqi ang limang babae sa harap namin at nakita niya ang chocolate bar na nasa loob ng damit ni Yeri.

"Give it back." matapang na sabi niya dito.

Wow.

Yeri just rolled her eyes and give the chocolate bar to Yuqi.

"You guys are lucky. We'll be back and you know what, kukunin namin lahat ng paninda niyo even your lives." Yeri smirked at umalis na.

"Wow ang tapang ha." biglang sabi ni Yuqi sabay lagay ng chocolate bar sa lalagyan nito.

"Sorry, mga nanggugulo lang yun." sabi ko sa mga ito.

"Ba't pala kayo napadalaw?" tanong ni Jaehyun.

"Kasi nga, namiss namin kayo at we're here to help you for tomorrow." nakangiting sabi ni Yuqi sabay yakap kay Lucas.

"Diba love?" tumango naman si Lucas at ngumiti.

Iba din 'to si Yuqi, nasanay na ata sa mga pinaggagawa ni Lucas.

Lucas is the leader of an underground gang and Yuqi, his girlfriend is the daughter of a leader of the famous gang in China. Kaya di na ako magtataka kung magaling sa pag-away ang dalawa. Di ko nga rin alam ba't naging kaibigan namin sila.

"Anyhoes, what's the plan." Yuqi asked smirking.

"Isa lang naman ang plano. Find the group who killed my brother."