7

THE GROUP OF KIDS walked slowly to the Western Air Temple with the sun blazing down on them. Uzume walked next to Toph and Aang, dejected as she thought about their loss. She had thought the war would be over and she would be with Zuko, but she was wrong. While she saw Azula, it wasn't pleasant and she hadn't seen her other friends.

"This is humiliating." Katara grumbled as the group walked tiredly.

"Do you mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation, or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka's voice made Katara look back at him, "Both."

"Sorry guys, but Appa gets tired carrying all these people." Aang pet Appa sorrowfully, Uzume placed a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder, "It's okay Aang, walking isn't so bad. At least we have each other."

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are." Teo spoke up.

Haru huffed, frustrated, "They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my dad just got out, now he's going back in."

"I miss Pipsqueak."

Sokka ignored the little boy's sadness, "I miss not having blisters on my feet."

Toph tugged on Uzume's sleeve relieved, "Hey, we're here. I can feel it."

Katara looked at the blind girl confused, "Uh, I think your feet need their eyes checked."

Uzume nodded along with Katara, "Katara's right. There's nothing here but a cliff."

Aang spoke up from behind the girls, "No, she's right, we are here."

Aang gathered everyone on Appa to fly off the cliff. Under the cliff was a beautiful temple hanging upside down with a courtyard in the middle.

Teo rolled around in amazement, "It's so different from the Northern Air Temple. I wonder if there are any secret rooms."

Haru beckoned everyone to follow him, "Let's go check it out." The Duke and Teo followed him and Aang tried to follow them, only to be stopped by Katara.

"You guys go... I think we need to talk about some things." She shooed them away, holding onto Aang who looked at his crush disappointed.

"Why can't I go?" Aang pouted at the brown girl.

Katara looked at the air nomad seriously, "We need to decide what we're gonna do now. And since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this."

Aang sat himself down grouchily and crossed his arms, "Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" He pouted. Uzume sat herself down on the floor and laid down, stretching out her aching limbs.

"Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan. You just need to master all four elements, and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes." Sokka said from next to Toph.

"Oh, yeah, that's great. No problem, I'll just do that." Aang replied to him sarcastically. Katara looked at him unimpressed with his attitude, "Aang, no one said it's gonna be easy."

Aang continued complaining, "Well, it's not even gonna be possible. Where am I supposed to get a firebending teacher?"

"We could look for Jeong Jeong." Uzume screwed up her face at the name, he sounded familiar, probably another criminal Azula would complain about.

"Yeah right, like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again." Aang grumbled. Toph spoke up about the name, confused, before she decided to just stop asking.

When they were silent for more than 10 seconds, Aang popped up from the bench, "Oh well, guess we can't come up with anybody. Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" The remaining four watched as he ran away, off to find the boys playing.