☽ 𝟰𝟬 : 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 ☾

☯︎︎

11:22 am

"Please! It would be just for a few minutes, I promise sis, please please please please please pleeeeaaassseee." Ren continuously pleaded along with a deep implore with his joined hands dramatically in front of me, begging us to stop at a nearby store to buy some candy because he was craving some for no reason.

Candy.

Candy people.

Freaking candy.

"But Zalius wants us home as soon as possible, maybe he's worried of some reason, and I don't want to make him mad." I facepalmed hard right in front of him after stating the exact obvious of what we shouldn't be doing, feeling a little tug adorning my gut feeling as soon as I had mentioned that which was not really bad in a way, but it wasn't good either, and it had left me more perplexed. It was almost like my gut feeling was churning in a whole new way which I've never experienced before, and they thought didn't scare me, it was just weird, almost as if my gut feeling was starting to become stubborn like Zalius.

"TWO MINUTES WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE! SO GO GO GO! I. WANT. CANDY." He immediately protested after poking my arm with his playful fists over and over again, making us cover our ears in annoyance because of his obnoxious voice that was rolling off in the background, and instead of giving out an amused giggle like Olivia did, I just scowled at him in disappointment.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please."

"I said no."

"I swear, please."

"No means no."

"I covered your sneaking out from dad, you owe me."

Well shit.

"You can't use that card on me."

"I did, and you know you can't fight me in this."

"This ain't fair."

"I never snitch on you mommy, but you owe me big time."

"It's still not fair."

"Candy, or daddy will get your baby pictures and also your —"

"Candy it is." I finally agreed, as he clapped his hands excitedly and waited for us to stop at a shop called Target.

Fucking great.

We immediately left the beach after the call I had received which was already confusing me to the brim after reacting the the seriousness of Zalius' voice for some reason, almost as if he was uncertain about something, frightening me somewhere inside me as to why he sounded a bit worried on the phone. I don't know what happened back in the headquarters, but it felt like he was desperate to see me at this point to let his sanity be calm. He usually never really calls me, he mostly mind links me or texts me because he's not much of a talker, so getting a call from him was surprising.

We quickly said our goodbyes to the fellow mermaids, especially Eric, and obviously left the private grounds, and now Ren was craving stupid candy in the morning for no reason while we were travelling in an ultra safe car that was approved by Zalius again, not even surprising me as he's been a bit too protective of me...but I didn't want to complain because...I get why he is being like this. Trust me, I love my freedom and will to do whatever I want, because I know I'm the last person to not be technical when it comes to my life, and if I get a bad feeling, I won't do it if it endangers me. But ever since my training is over, he's still not trusting me enough to protect myself.