Chapter Three

"So... What did happen?" Dawn asked Rolan nervously. 

"Well, " Rolan started. "I snuck off behind the library to take a break, when I noticed Robin had followed behind me. I was about to get mad at him for following me, but then we noticed a bunch of evokers making plans. I wanted to sneak behind the church, but I stepped on a gravel block and they noticed us. They all decided to summon their vexes at once, because- they must have thought my axe was too slow for the vexes. I didn't even pay attention to what they were doing, I was just swinging the axe. I tried to ask Robin for help, but he was nowhere to be found. I managed to kill a bunch of vexes, but then they all surrounded me and I couldn't remember a thing after that." 

Emily looked a bit scared, and started biting her nails. Dawn wondered how in the Overworld you could bite your nails in Minecraft. Skie's face suddenly flushed bright pink: "Ah... Rolan? Would you... like a drink?" Wilhelmina looked at her a bit weirdly. "I- I just thought... he... might be a bit thirsty." Skie finished off with an embarrassed smile. Her face turned even pinker. Who wouldn't feel thirsty after they'd been attacked by vexes, nice job Skie. Rolan glanced at Skie, the looked back hurriedly. "Hey, Wilhelmina, what's in the kitchen? I thought everyone could have a snack, to just relax for a bit." Wilhelmina looked up. "There're only some cookies, but..." Wilhelmina replied nonchalantly. Skie trotted off in the direction of the kitchen, smiling happily.

Skie returned to the room with a large plate of cookies. Rolan immediately took one. He took a bite out of it, smiling at Skie appreciatively. 

==

It was nearly midnight. All the villagers were in their houses. Even the pillagers had stopped fighting. Dawn almost fell asleep against the wall, but slapped herself to keep herself awake. It was her turn to go on patrol, and she had never felt so tired in her life.

"Hey- Wake up-" Someone was poking Dawn in the shoulder. A boy with ruffled sandy hair and freckles was staring at her. 'I've made some tripwire and laid it here, it'll wake us up if the pillagers attack suddenly, so there's no need for you to be on patrol." Dawn was looking bewildered, and the chilling darkness around her didn't help either. "I'm Elliot, and you are?" He asked quietly. "D-Dawn..." Dawn was still looking very confused, but she was sure it wasn't just a dream. 

==

The chicken Emily kept in her back garden started the day by crowing excessively unpleasantly. It woke everyone in the village up. It woke up Emily's two other chickens, the cats beside the well, the foxes in the forest, the wolves in the taiga, and most likely the villagers of Stormplace and the raiders too. The battle started as soon as everyone woke up- nobody wanted to be after the pillagers. It started by the light of the morning sun- or by the Dawn?

Dawn woke up before anyone else. She only heard Emily's rooster crow a few minutes after she woke up. Maybe she could find Robin? Or she could... Wait! Where's her shield? Argh! She had most likely left it in Wilhelmina's house. She quietly opened her door, careful not to wake her roommate Guinevere up, and slipped out the door. She ran in the direction of Rolan's house. 

Before she got there, she bumped into the same sandy-haired boy from yesterday. "Emm... hey Dawn." He smiled. "Where're you going in such a rush?" "Oh hello Elliot! I seem to have left my shield in my friend's house, I'll be right back!" Dawn muttered. She returned after a few minutes, shield in hand. Elliot was still waiting for her. "I made a few plans, for the trapping of the village and the use of redstone to kill raiders. The village head didn't like it, but I figured I could show you." Elliot shrugged. 

"This is Elliot, he's really good at redstone. He made plans that could come in handy for the raid." "Hello," Elliot smiled embarrassedly. "I thought we'd get started with getting to know you all better." He had a slight accent. 

"I'm Skie." "Call me Emily." "Hi Elliot, I'm Wilhelmina." "I'm Rolan, nice to meet you." After a matter of self-introduction, they finally got on with planning the- the- the plan. After all, planning is the most important thing for a big project.