Chapter Four

There were rather a lot of problems with Elliot's plan. They didn't have enough redstone, it would be tricky to keep the circuits out of the way, the raiders might wreck it on purpose... 

The most prominent problem was the fact it needed to be approved by the village head. Elliot had asked twice and he had said no. But what if Skie asked? The village head was Skie's uncle. That's why Skie used to act so spoiled. 

When Skie asked he immediately said yes, just because Skie was his niece. Elliot had come and asked twice but he had refused. It was the same plan. It was the same plan. When Dawn thought about this point she was on the verge of laughing, when a sentence from Rolan brought her back to earth: "So, should we go to Storm City and get more redstone? We should also get some reinforcements, just in case the raid gets really bad." Everyone thought it was a good idea, but nobody wanted to go. 

It was Dawn, Wilhelmina and Rolan's lucky day. They had to go- just because of some rubbish game that Skie made up involving gravel blocks and a block of cobblestone. It really was their lucky day. (A.N. -- no sarcasm intended here!) 

Just before Dawn restocked her quiver and opened the door, she saw Skie staring at the floor. A rage of fury flared up inside her- Skie was worried about Rolan. He'll be fine! He won't get ripped into pieces! Skie, be more discreet please! Dawn calmed herself down and headed for the door. 

==

Storm City was bigger than they expected. Except, of course, Wilhelmina. She had worked there for a while. Rolan stared at the map, not knowing where to go. Maps were wasted on him. Wilhelmina regretted having given him the map. 

"Er... we need..." Rolan looked at the plan. "2200 pieces of redstone." They had finally found their way to the shop, with a lot of shoving, snatching the map, yelling and Wilhelmina trying to take over. The shopkeeper looked a bit shocked, as you'd need to be in the mine for three days with a fortune-III enchanted pickaxe to get that much. Actually- maybe not that long. "550 emeralds," the shopkeeper said abruptly. Dawn looked a bit confused, as 550 emeralds is really a lot, but then Rolan said, "We'll have them on credit, we'll pay you back later." Dawn looked even more confused, because according to Wilhelmina, that shopkeeper's memory is rather good. 

On their way to find reinforcements, Wilhelmina asked Rolan, "How are you going to pay him back?" "Don't vindicators drop emeralds?" Rolan replied impatiently. 

"William?" Wilhelmina suddenly gasped. She was looking at a boy with brown-blond hair that looked extremely like Wilhelmina packing up the item frames in front of a shop. Wilhelmina ran over and cried, "William! I'd know you anywhere!" "Er... Excuse me, who are you?" He frowned. Wilhelmina looked like someone had just slapped her in the face. The shopkeeper ran over- "When he turned up here a year ago he appeared to have lost his memory. Then I let him work here in exchange for food." He said, and hurriedly continued packing the item frames William had left undone. 

"William, you don't remember me? I'm your sister!" Wilhelmina said. She was on the verge of tears. 

He frowned again. "I don't remember I had a sister. And who's William?"

"You are. That's your name." Wilhelmina was sobbing into her knees. Skie looked to one side; she didn't want to see Wilhelmina cry. She was sitting with Rolan, who appeared to be very interested in the plan Elliot left on the table. Dawn was doing all she could to try and help, but suddenly she realised she couldn't do anything to help. She would just make the situation worse. She looked at Elliot hopefully. He was counting the redstone. There were 2200, Rolan had double-checked before, but Elliot was still counting the redstone. And besides, Elliot didn't need the redstone to be a perfect amount. Dawn looked at Emily. She was also staring at the floor. 

"You don't remember? You're William- I'm Wilhelmina- your sister-" Wilhelmina was sobbing even harder now. "You and your sister used to work in Storm City!" Dawn tried helping. "Yes- Thank you- " Wilhelmina burst into tears. "Okay- Don't cry- " William said mildly. His expression was the last thing Wilhelmina needed. She dove into Rolan's lap and continued sobbing. Rolan tried to skirt away, and Skie left the room hurriedly. Wilhelmina got up- she didn't forget Skie liked Rolan at a moment like this. Dawn looked a bit awkward. Skie must have noticed Wilhelmina had gotten up, and embarrassedly stepped into the room again. 

William looked in Skie's direction. He saw a corner of a healing potion thrown hastily onto the shelf by Wilhelmina. Skie was standing in front of the shelf. "Hey- I remember that-" William suddenly said. Wilhelmina heard the words I remember and abruptly sat up. "Did we have something to do with Storm City?" Skie moved a couple of blocks to the left. William saw the rest of the potion and a dusty golden carrot. "Isn't your name Wilhelmina? You're my sister, aren't you?" 

Wilhelmina looked as if she was going to cry again. This time, it was of happiness. "I don't suppose you'd remember me?" Rolan asked, smiling at him embarrassedly. "I think you lived here, too. You're my roommate, aren't you?" Rolan looked even more embarrassed. "I remember everything now, you're Dawn, you're Emily, you're Elliot, you're Skie,  we're in my house, we used to work in Storm City, and-" William began. Wilhelmina looked really happy. No, unbelievably happy. She said quickly, "Well, if you remember everything then tell us how you lost your memory! I really missed you!" She hugged him. "You can call him Will if you like. He's always liked that nickname." Wilhelmina added. 

"I- well- I- " William mumbled. "I was on the way back when I saw a gang of people that looked like they were going to take my emeralds. I tried to cross to the other side of the road but they saw me; they took all my emeralds and shoved me against the wall- my head must have landed on an iron bar or something." He looked rather embarrassed. "What's that noise outside?" Will suddenly asked. How did we forget to tell him there was a raid going on outside?  Dawn was a bit mad at herself. "There's a raid outside-" Dawn started. William suddenly picked up Wilhelmina's spare bow and grabbed a handful of Dawn's arrows, stuffing something that looked like a note inside, then ran out the door. "Will-" Wilhelmina called, then she, too ran out with her bow and quiver. Everyone followed them out the door.