Part III

III

James and Lucy entered the terminal building at London Heathrow airport and walked to the wing reserved for First Class passengers. It was three days before the Oscars and they were on their way to Los Angeles.

It was mid-morning and the airport was busy with businessmen and women power walking through the slow groups of holidaymakers strolling around the departure level.

James liked to be in crowded places because it gave the paparazzi a smaller chance to spot him or take decent pictures.

He took Lucy's hand and locked his fingers with hers, pushing the trolley full of suitcases with his free hand. He was wearing a pair of black ripped jeans, white Converse and t-shirt and a dark grey shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his forearms. On his head his usual black baseball hat that he automatically pushed lower on his face.

Lucy looked comfortable in a pair of black Nike and leggings and a white fluffy jumper with puff shoulders, her hair was neatly combed into two short plaits.

"Good morning Mr Bleckwood and Miss Hamilton, welcome to First," said the ground agent manning the first-class entrance as James showed him their reservation on his phone.

The couple walked to the check-in desk and after leaving their suitcases they made their way through the reserved security line, they passed the First Classed lounge and entered the exclusive Lotus Room.

The Lounge was a luxurious environment reserved only to the most prestigious customers of the airline, making it a hard goal to work towards for any fidelity cardholders. The cream walls perfectly matched the black and cream carpet in contrast with the cherry hardwood floor, on the left was a bar with high stools, behind it a mirror with shelves filled with expensive spirit bottles; on the right were groups of little sofas and chairs paired with low, round coffee tables and behind was the restaurant seating area. Staling the scene was a long big glass wall overlooking the runway, grey chaise longues and sofas faced the view and were separated in groups of two by bamboo privacy screens.

The couple was greeted by the lounge manager who welcomed them by their surnames and showed them to their reserved area near the big window. As they settled down in their chaise longs a waiter arrived balancing a tray with two flutes and a bottle of Laurent Perrier vintage champagne.

"Mr Blackwood, Miss Hamilton, how are you today?" The man asked as he worked on the bottle to open it.

"Amazing," smiled James.

"I'm great, how are you?" Beamed Lucy.

"I'm very well, thanks for asking". The waiter replied with a smile as he filled the flutes, leaving the half-full bottle in an ice bucket on the table between the two chairs.

"Please let me know if you would like anything else." He added with a quick bow of his head.

The two thanked him and the man left.

James relaxed against the back of his chair and took a sip of champagne, enjoying the first taste of alcohol in weeks.

"Have you ever been here?" He asked noticing Lucy gazing around the Lounge.

Lucy shook her head.

"I've only been to the business class lounge, this one looks so..."

"Pompous?" James finished her sentence.

Lucy chuckled.

"Yes, definitely".

"I agree," said James looking around. "But it's the best Lounge."