Chapter 3

Dana's POV

I'm laying in bed, scrolling through social media. There are so many tweets and posts about Shane freezing up. Nate was silent the whole way home, but I know he has plenty to say. He walks out of our bathroom, wearing only his boxers. He climbs in the bed on his side and lays down while turning off his lamp. What the hell?

"Nate?" I say. "Do you wanna talk about tonight?"

"No," he answers "I'm good."

"You're not mad?" He sits up and turns his lamp back on.

"No, because I'm aware of the issue." I nod, signifying that I was listening. "I think it's time Shane went back to Camp Rock. I think it's time we all went back. "

"I think that's a good idea. Besides, Camp Rock is opening up in a week. Brown emailed you."

"You read my emails?"

"Someone has to." He chuckles and kisses me on the cheek.

Shane's POV

I couldn't sleep all night; I stayed up all night thinking about Mitchie. I wish I hadn't deleted her number so I could call her and see if she's okay. I'm sitting on the couch, looking at more tweets and memes on my computer. I place my head in my two hands; this is so embarrassing. Suddenly, a Zoom notification pops on my screen.

Jason G. has invited you to a Zoom meeting with Nate G

I click on the notification, and both Nate and Jason appear on the screen. Nate has no shirt on while Jason has a black t-shirt on.

"Hey buddy," Jason says. "How ya feeling?"

"I'm okay," I answer. "Still kind of embarrassed."

"Understandable. What about you, Nate?"

"Well," Nate starts to say. "I actually have a solution."

"Already?" Jason exclaims.

"Dude," I reply. "This is Nate we're talking about."

"True."

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Nate asks.

"Nothing," Jason and I respond quickly. Nate raises his eyebrows but he shrugs it off.

"Anyway," he starts. "Seriously, what is that supposed to mean?"

"Dude!" Jason says, rolling his eyes. "What's your solution?"

"Okay, fine! I think... we should go back to Camp Rock."

"Really?"

"What?"

"We haven't been to Camp Rock in years," I say.

"That's the point," Nate replies. "Maybe it's time we do." Jason and I look unsure; I don't know if I can go back.

"I don't know man," Jason said.

"Come on," Nate says. "That place holds so many memories for all of us."

"Yeah, but..." I start.

"It's where you met Mitchie," Nate adds. That single sentence made me silent. "It's where I proposed to Dana, and it's where Connect 3 connected." That made Jason smile; he always used to say that.

"Screw it, " I say. "I'm in."

"Me too," Jason says.

Brown's POV

I just got a call from Nate, saying he and the other boys want to come back to Camp Rock. Connect 3 and Mitchie Torres all back at Camp Rock? This oughta be interesting. Perhaps, this will bring Shane and Mitchie back together. I've always 'shipped' them, as the kids say today. Suddenly, the company phone rings; I pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Brown," Tony, my gateman, replies. "There's a woman by the name Mitchie Torres here." Already?

"I'm on my way down." I exit my office and head down the trail toward the gate.

I get to the gate, and there stands Mitchie Torres. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Let her in," I shout at Tony. Tony opens the gate, and Mitchie starts running toward. "Mitchie Torres has returned." After our hug, we grab her bags and head back to my office.