Chapter 6

Connie's POV

It's been two days since Mitchie went missing; she hasn't contacted me at all. Her manager has been breathing down my neck, telling me to find her. I've called her at least 100 times, and I keep getting her voicemail. Then, I realized I haven't checked emails in the last two days. I open my computer and see an email labeled "CAMP ROCK." As soon as I see it, I grab my phone and punch in the number. After two rings, I heard Brown's voice on the other line.

Brown: Brown Cessario, speaking

Me: Brown, it's Connie.

Brown: A call from both the Torres women? That's rather a rare treat.

Me: Wait, Mitchie called you?

Brown: Yes, she's here at Camp Rock right now.

Me: What!?

Brown: I assume you didn't know that.

Me: No, she disappeared the other night. I've been looking for her!

Brown: Alright, calm down, love. She's here, and she's safe.

Me: Well, that's good.

Brown: Will I be awaiting your arrival as well?

Me: Maybe, I'll have to think about it. Bye.

Brown: Bye.

Caitlyn's POV

I'm pulling into Camp Rock, and memories immediately fill my brain. I remember meeting Mitchie for the first time and performing at Final Jam. I even remember finding out that Mitchie was the cook's daughter; that was hilarious!

"So," my mom says. She decided to come along with me since we could bring a guest. "What changed your mind?"

"Nothing," I retort in defense. She doesn't know about Mitchie's problem. "I just changed my mind after thinking for a while."

"Take it easy; I was just asking." I guess I was a little too defensive.

When we pull up to the gate, the gateman, Tony, asks for my name. He lets us through the gate, and I immediately jump out of the car to find Mitchie. My mom is yelling at me, asking where I was going. I arrive at the door of Mitchie's cabin, and I knock and wait for an answer. The door opens; Mitchie stands there with red puffy eyes and smeared mascara. I embrace her with a big hug as she cries softly into my shoulder.

"It's okay," I whisper. "I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere."

We're sitting on Mitchie's bed; she's wiping her eyes and drinking some water.

"Brown didn't mention that they'd be here?" I ask. Mitchie shakes her head 'no.'

"It just really caught me off guard," Mitchie says, sniffling. "We haven't seen each other in five years."

"I know you don't wanna hear this, but I think it's time you told him the truth."

"I know, but how will he react? What if he hates me?"

"He won't," I reassure her. "This is Shane we're talking about."

"The same Shane who hated me for lying about who I was." Yeah, she does have a good point.

"Maybe, but I'm sure he'll understand."

"I hope so."

Dana's POV

I'm sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for my doctor to call me back. I don't know how to feel or what to think; I don't wanna get too excited just in case. The last time this happened, Nate and I were both devastated after learning the truth. It was five years ago when Connect 3 had a concert in Vegas. After my period had been late, Nate and I assumed I was pregnant. We were nervous and excited all at once; we loved the thought of being parents. After the show, I wanted to take a pregnancy test to know for sure. Nate went to a party with Jason, Shane, and Mitchie. He came back around one o'clock in the morning, and I was sitting on the bathroom floor.

"Babe," Nate said, causing me to look up at him. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not pregnant," I replied. I hand him the negative pregnancy test; he frowns looking at the negative sign. "I really wanted the baby." I started sobbing, and Nate sits on the floor and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Maybe now is not the time."

After that, we tried and tried for 3 years to get pregnant. Then, my doctor told us that the chances of us conceiving are very low. So, we gave up; we figured we could adopt. However, we both knew that it wouldn't be the same.

My phone rings, flashing the doctor's office's name and number. I take a deep breath and answer the phone.

"Hello," I answer.

"Mrs. Gray?" a female doctor says. That's weird; my doctor is a man.

"Yes, who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Dr. Campbell. Dr. Richards had to leave early for his grandchild's award ceremony."

"Oh, okay. Did he review everything with you?"

"Yes ma'am. I have your results right in front of me. Your name is Dana Turner-Gray, correct?"

"That's me," At this point, I was getting really anxious. "So, what are the results?"

"Well," Dr. Campbell starts. "Congratulations, you're pregnant."