Dakota- Stereophonics

You had been surrounded by nothing but trees for the past hour. You were sat in the passenger seat, in charge of the music, flicking through your playlists to find the right songs for you both to sing along to. Noticing the road start to narrow you knew you were close to the part of the Lake district you had decided to go. You saw the road sign as Van turned off onto the slip road, times like these you were thankful Van had a big car, it made road trips more comfortable, and the fact the road was bumpy and full of mud meant his car could handle it. Driving through the town you could see it was hectic, but as you pulled up to the lake and got out it was desolate. That was because you had your own secret spot, the hustle and bustle was a little way east where the cafes and souvenir shops stood, but every time you came here it was quiet as if no one knew about it. Closing the car door you walked through the trees and onto the wooden platform, Van trailing behind you with a blanket in hand, placing it down at the edge you sat down next to Van, your feet slightly dipping in the water. You sat wrapped in each others embrace for a while, occasionally making conversation about the beautiful view as shivers came across your body. Van stood up and started to undress, "what are you doing?" you laughed. "going for a swim" he said jumping in the water in just his underwear "you coming in?" he smiled. You hesitated for a moment, you were wearing a pair of running shorts and Vans t shirt which was practically a dress on you anyways, you knew you had a hoodie in the car too. You stood up smiling kicking off your shoes, taking off your shorts and getting in the water still wearing his t shirt, he reached his arms out for you to help you in before you splashed him and began laughing. This continued for what felt like hours, you rested against him as the sun began to set, still kicking your legs to stay afloat. It started to get extremely cold as you both got out of the water and attempted to dry off, you walked back to the car smiling even though you were both in damp clothes, you took off his t shirt throwing it in the back and changed into your hoodie as he put the heaters on full blast. The drive home consisted of the same as the drive there, singing and dancing along to your Spotify playlists, only this time you pulled up to a service station to get a coffee, Van getting a tea before you continued your journey home. 2 and a half hours later you arrived at your little cottage just south of Manchester, opening the door to race Van top the stairs to the shower, he jumped in and turned on the water. You stood with puppy eyes and a pet lip as you wanted a shower first but his head gestured for you to get in with him, you smiled and stepped under the warm water. "love you" "love you too"