1 | A Date in the Forest

The four other spirits of nature assist Jack in pulling off a date with the fifth spirit.

--------:--------

Made this in November 2019, quality is not so good. But eh.

--------:--------

"I'm heading to Arendelle to check up on Anna," Elsa reminded, now riding the Nokk, "are you coming?"

Jack smiled and shook his head. Most of the time, if she was to go back to the kingdom, he would be accompanying her. But today, he had plans. Serious plans. "I'm fine, your majesty. Just go ahead."

"I'm not a queen anymore. No need to address me formally."

"Oh, right. You're a goddess."

Elsa lightly laughed at his response, her eyes mirroring the bright, blue sky. "I might come back late, but if you need anything, just head back to Arendelle--"

"--yes, yes, Elsa, don't worry about me."

"I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about the forest."

"Noted, Snowflake."

Nokk readied his feet, letting out a silent neigh, while Elsa patted the frosted skin of the water spirit, making it gallop slightly. Jack couldn't help but grin at the beauty in front of his eyes, as he observed the ice patterns that reflected the light of day; patterns that easily brought out the beauty of nature.

And sooner than he'd expected, the Nokk galloped away, leading Elsa back to Arendelle, and leaving Jack alone back in the forest.

"Stay safe," he shouted, hoping she'd hear.

"I will," said her muffled voice.

He saw her disappear at the distance and heavily sighed. Of course, he was going to miss her, but there was something else that would bother him for the rest of the day.

Jack forcibly smiled and fidgeted his fingers with his staff, constantly thinking about what to do next. He had plans.

Just as his nervousness kicked in, he felt a tiny burn on his shoulder.

"Bruni, don't burn me alive."

He peered at the little salamander who was sitting quietly on his right shoulder, setting tiny flames on its back while smiling. Jack sent a small amount of snow atop Bruni's head.

In return, Bruni licked his own eyeball (which everyone found to be very adorable) and quickly eased the flares.

The spirits have gotten used to him after a couple of days, which included Bruni, who loved silently slipping himself into Jack's hoodie pocket sometimes, and Gale, who was his ally and friend for the longest time.

Though Nokk was still a bit cautious of his presence, knowing that Elsa trusted him, the horse never seemed to turn him down.

"I have a PLAN for today!" Jack whisper-shouted eagerly, though still not brushing off his forced smile. "Let's see... step one, wait for Elsa to leave, which is done. Step two, plan the surprise date. Great, where do I start?"

He stared blankly at the sky, arms wide and mouth open. He sighed.

"Gale, can you help me?"

A bunch of dry leaves came straight crashing onto his face, making Jack cough in surprise.

"I'll take that as a yes."

He felt Bruni crawl towards his hand, then continued on until the crook of his staff, seemingly ready to help.