Living

Draco Malfoy x Fem
TRIGGER WARNING: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION
_________________________________

Y/n's P.O.V**

God, look at you. You're hideous. Your thighs are too big, your stomach isn't flat enough, your arms could be thinner and your face, oh Merlin, your face is at the point of no fixing. No amount of makeup could fix this monstrosity.

These thoughts ran through my head daily, all thanks to the spoiled git known as Draco Malfoy.

I hate myself. Not for the way I'm treated, but for the way I feel about Draco. He hurts me so good. My heart yearns for him while my mind screams for me to stop.

I pulled my sweater sleeve down farther on my arms, a slight stinging sensation shooting through my arm.  I tightly shut my eyes, hissing at the familiar feeling.

"Are you alright?" The voice startled me, it belonged to Hermione Granger.

She was everything I wanted to be. She was smart, beautiful, and brave. She had good friends, and she was loyal, kind, and had lots of boys after her. She was slim, with small curves.

While my hips were wide, a small thigh gap, and a small waist, I was told everyday I was ugly. I used to think my hourglass figure was perfect, but others didn't.

"I'm fine, just a sore scratch." I gave a fake smile, knowing she wouldn't notice since we didn't  talk much.

She gave a curt nod, and walked ahead of me to catch up with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned the corner into the empty hallway. Glancing at the paintings that would stare at me, I started to quietly sing a Muggle song my grandmother would sing to me.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to the Perfect's bathroom, and shut it without locking the door.

I want them to find me and realize how much pain I was in.

Looking in the large, oval mirror, I take in my appearance for the last time.

My h/l, h/t, h/c hair. Dull, red and sunken in e/c eyes. Lifeless s/c skin. I looked horrible.

I'm just existing, I'm not living.

"You.. are nothing. Your parents are so embarrassed of you! Why are you still here?!" I screamed, my voice shaking. I couldn't even look at myself, I was hideous.

I had so many things to be happy for, I got into one of the best Wizarding schools, and I had a happy childhood. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm just always so... sad.

"Do it. No one will notice, it's okay. Just disappear..." my conscience spoke, it's dark raspy voice lulling to the full bathtub.

"Y/n, don't. You may not see it, but so many people will miss you! You're going to regret this! Please..." my heart's voice was quiet and soft, and it made me rethink my decisions for a moment.

Should I really do this? Is this the right thing to do? No, I can't back out! I've been planning this for weeks... you know what they say about you Y/n.

I walked up to the bathtub, and looked to the right.

There she was, my bestfriend in silver. She shone with specks of maroon.

I gently picked her up, and glided her along my right thigh. Starting near the top.

The feeling of metal piercing my skin making me sigh in both pain and relief. The feeling of warm liquid trickling down my leg at a fast pace. I quickly made the same cut lower, and then another, and another. Until half of my thigh was covered in red lines.

I hiked my, now blood coated, skirt up a little as it stung when it hit my new cuts, and stepped into the warm bath.

Slowly sitting, I relaxed into the water.

This is it. I want this. I'm going to do this. Do it. Do it now! Now!

Suddenly, I was underwater, it was peaceful, the water was tinted pink, and the bubbles of the air escaping me created a calming atmosphere. The air in my lungs was out and was replaced with a burning sensation.

My natural instinct was to come up for air but I fought that feeling, resulting in me thrashing in the water making the light pink liquid splash out of the sides of the bathtub.

No thoughts ran through my mind. It's like my brain was an empty room. Everything was silent, I couldn't hear my erratic heartbeat, the splashing water, or my muffled screams.

I couldn't. But he did.

I felt cold hands grip my shoulders and pull me from my liquid death.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" That damn voice. That fucking voice, I knew it all too well.

Draco Malfoy.

Water spewed from my lungs all the way up to my mouth. The sounds of both of our heavy breathing breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

My head snapped in his direction.

Did he just apologize?

"You... you should be sorry! All those years you- you hurt me! I-I ...." I cried, anger lacing my quivering voice. I was angry! He almost made me kill myself, yet one look into his eyes and it's like he's an angel.

Dear Merlin, why did you do this to me?

Then, I felt it.

His slightly warm lips against my now cold ones. Butterflies released from their cage and fluttered in my tummy. My eyes were opened in shock, I could see the purple veins that littered his eyelids, and the rose pink blush that dusted his cheeks.

My eyes closed soon, and I kissed back. My hands went to his neck and hair, while his went to my waist and thigh.

"Agh! Don't, I- um" I hissed, his hand brought a searing pain through my leg.

He quickly pulled his hand away, concern all over his perfectly pale face. Then, a sad realization marked his features as he saw his red stained hand.

"Promise, promise you'll never hurt yourself. I'll- I'll stop hurting you and others, but please, let me help you save yourself." He begged, his once empty grey eyes pooled with care.

Tears welled my eyes, causing the platinum blonde boy's figure to be blurred, as I nodded my head.

"I promise, Draco. I promise!" I cried leaning into his soft embrace.

At last, I'm living, not just existing.