Seven Legends

Robert sat in his cabin, deep in thoughts. It had hurt his heart when Lauren left the hall without any explanation. Her face red with embarrassment. Is she scared that he will scold her?

Of Course it surprised him that she hadn't told him about all this first. Him, who has helped her to overcome her worst fears. Is this what it feels like to have a dagger shoved in your gut, he thought.
A knock on his door pulled him out of his depressing thoughts. He saw his brother and Father enter inside with cheerful faces.

"What's so cheerful?" Robert asked in a sour voice.

"Everything else but your expressions" Jackson replied immediately.

Bill chuckled in amusement. That....nevermind, Robert thought irritated. Jackson chuckled again with knowing eyes.

"There is no point in being so grim, my son. Wake up, we brought the finest wine in the city" Bill said, offering a bottle to him. Robert pushed it away with his fingers slowly.

"I am not worried about the war father. I have fought with the seven before remember" Robert said smugly, smirking at Bill. Jackson rolled his eyes. Bill wasn't amused though. His eyes assessed him with disappointment at that statement.

"Yes I remember son. Don't be so smug. Power Gods aren't someone to be compared with seven though. Keep that embedded in you mind"

"With that said.." Jackson started, stopping in mid to see that he had their attention on him.

"What are you upset over then?"
Robert felt his cheeks flush at that question.

He kept his lips sealed even though Jackson teased him about it for half an hour. After he was once again alone in his cabin, his mind drifted off to the fight. The Seven Legends.

He still remembers that fight as if he fought that just yesterday. That night was one of the best nights of his life. Probably the bestest. Satisfaction and memoirs still made him smug to no end. And why shouldn't he be smug? He fought them alone after all. The Seven Legends of the Seventh city. He had destroyed half of the city with his army that night. Left the wannabe Gods, rotting in blood and dirt.

You bet it felt good. A chance to prove himself. That was the only thought that resurfaced his mind when he fought. To prove himself to the people of his city. His father. That he is worth it. It still felt like a betrayal when he saw Suri in his place. But the poor girl is not responsible for the unjust that happened with him.

No matter who this New king in the Dark dimension is. He will make sure to give him a painful and slow death along with the pawn God.

*********

Maze thrashed in her bed, covered in sweat. Her body felt lit on fire. Thousands of needles pressed in her body constantly. A never ending pain continued spreading throughout her body parts. She screamed and stopped after a while as it did nothing to help. She could feel losing the control of her body. Black curls came pursuing her in her dreams. Taking control over her. Completely.

She felt her tears mix with sweat and slowly blood flowed down her ears. A cold hand brushed her hairs away in a gentle movement. Her body stiffened in response. Her breath sped up in scare. Sobs rocked through her, shaking her from the tip to the end.

"Shhh...it's okay little bird" A voice tried soothing her. But it made her fight even harder as she thrashed in the bed again in pure agony.

"Hmm....you can make this stop. It pains my heart to see you like this dear Maze. You should be honoured that you are chosen as a messenger of mine" Wind God spoke with a warm smile on his face. Yet his voice remained cold and cruel as ever.