Chapter 31: Whitebeard

AUTHORS NOTE: To the first readers of chapter 30 I changed some parts on the last section where Sav goes into Moby Dick and talks to Ace and Marco. Not a lot but Just letting you know if you wanna re-read that part. ________________________________________________________________________________

You looked down at the ropes tied around your hands with distaste. They rubbed across your skin, leaving red marks underneath their presence.

-"Is this really necessary? Can't two commanders of the Whitebeard crew take care of a flimsy girl such as myself?" you asked, knowing the conversation was useless but having the need to express your dislike. Marco looked back at you, turning his gaze back toward the front as he led you amongst the wooden ship.

-"It is just a procedure-yoi." Marco simply replied, not wasting more time discussing the issue with you. You sighed at his response, not liking his answer anymore than the bonds that were tying you down.

-"Besides, I'm sure you could easily get rid of these feeble ropes if you are thinking of joining this crew." Ace spoke up from behind you. "Even if it is a flimsy girl such as yourself." he added, nonchalantly, not caring that he was insulting you as he spoke. You growled at his words causing him to laugh at your reaction. You could clearly visualise the way he was grinning at you even without looking at him.

Was it you or was the way he was speaking different than the conversations that you had before? Before, the way you guys had spoken was so..serious, grave and...sad.

Maybe you preferred this. Setting a boundary between him and your emotions in a friendly but distancing chivalry.

You quieted down at the thought, coming to terms with the difference between the past and the present. Marco laughed along to Ace's words, seeming to enjoy your fight as he went through the route like a ritual, one he had memorized cleany.

The rest of the short walk was silent, merely filled with the sound of your footsteps stomping across the wooden trail and the shouts of joy emerging from the party still continuing on deck.

A pair of the 3 footsteps died out as Marco came to a halt in front of a huge oak door, almost 2 times your size. You let out an expression of amazement at the size of the door, while Marco knocked on the wood, opening it without waiting for a response.

-"Pops!" Marco called out, walking inside the room.

-"Oh, Marco. What brings you here? I was just about to join you up on deck but as you can see...the nurses just won't leave my sight." A roaring laugh filled the room as who you assumed to be Whitebeard laughed a hefty laugh, the vibrations of his voice reaching you in waves. You gulped down visibly, and took a step back, staying next to the door, unwilling to walk into the room in which the strongest pirate you had the opportunity of seeing -minus Shanks- resided.

Ace walked up next to you, glancing at you and your nervous antics as he leaned towards the door next to your side, crossing his arms in a relaxed manner. You didn't know if he was doing it for your sake but having him beside you gave you a rush of strength as you took a step into the room, dismissing your nervous flutter.

-"And who have you brought with you? Tell me Marco, why is the visitor in restraints?" Whitebeard asked, glazing down at your figure with interest as he noticed the ropes tying your hands together. Marco turned towards you and grinned.

-"We had...a little issue up on deck." Marco answered humorously, causing you to scoff.

-"Well take them off. I won't have a guest in restraint on my ship." Whitebeard ordered. Upon his words, Ace took your hands between his, surprising you with his sudden closeness. His built hands made yours seem tiny in comparison. Grinning as he swiftly burned the ropes down, Ace kept the flames from touching your skin cautiously.