chapter 34 | Promise

— Next day —

Monday, December 16, 2019.

6 am.

My alarm clock snatches me out of my dream, abruptly, my sleepiness making it hard to accept it. I remain on my back and move my free hand up to my phone, blindly, to stop this piercing sound and hope for y/n to not be woken up by it.

Once it's quiet again, I breathe out and put my hand back on my stomach, turning my head in y/n's direction to see the back of her body but feel it pressed against mine, with my arm under her neck, and her fingers touching it. I smile but take a peek out the windows, discerning through the flimsy curtains the whiteness of the sky, the landscape. If today is the first snow of the year, I'm going to believe this is made just for our special morning.

Needing some warmth, I pull the blanket higher on our naked bodies and turn towards her, I wrap my arm around her waist and cling onto her, not wanting to wake up and leave the bed. I cuddle up against her and enjoy some minutes with her.

Her body doesn't remain still, she causes some frictions and turns around to face me, but she buries her head in my chest and hides under the blanket, encircling my waist with her arms like a baby. I smile and rest my head on hers, loving this more than anything, how comforting, heartwarming it is.

"I love you," I whisper in her ear, holding her close, my hand goes up to her hair and pat her head, slowly, combing her hair back and relaxing us. "I love you too..." she kisses my chest, making it hard for me to go away.

We don't talk more, brushing our fingers past each other's skin.

20 minutes later...

I get out of the bedroom after my morning routine, smelling the warm and delicious scent of food cooking. I head up to the kitchen while fixing my dress shirt in my trousers but holding my phone in one hand. The sound of the TV grasps my attention once I enter the room, but then, I make my way towards y/n without thinking twice.

I get right behind her and back hug her as she's cooking something for me, wearing something that seems familiar. I press a kiss on her temple but give a little tug on the hoodie. "What is that? Hm?" I smile at her.

She turns around and heaves her arms up while staring into my eyes, so I grab her by the hips and lift her up the floor to hold her in my arms. "Your hoodie is better than the ones I have," she clings onto me, her arms and legs wrapped around my body. I grin but put her down on the kitchen island to lean forth and land on kiss on one of her thighs, before caressing them. "You're a stealer."

"Borrowing is not stealing..." she finds an excuse, smiling at me in the softest manner. Her eyes are sparkling even more, the gaze into them is different, in a good way. I cup her face with my hands and stroke her warm cheeks with my thumbs. "My little one," I call her the way she likes me to, her lips curving up into a smile right away. "Have you seen outside? It's snowing," I tell her, finding it wonderful for such a day. "I'm pretty sure it's not just a coincidence."

"Hm, nature knows what we did last night, so it decided to greet us with the first snow of the year?" she mocks me and my belief, leaning in to get us closer. "What? Maybe I'm right..." I bring my hands down to her throat to hold the sides of it while swimming in her starry soul. "Nature knows a lot of things. You can't even imagine."

"Ah, then I guess the snow came because of us," she moves forth and drops her head on my shoulder. "That would have been a great day to go for a walk..."

"I know, baby," I rub her back, knowing how hard it is to be away for a long day after what happened. She puts her arms around my waist, pressing a kiss on my neck. I take a look at the food to make sure it doesn't burn, and I then swing to the side with her to kiss her neck, feeling her need of affection, how much she needs and wants it.