Chapter eight.

The Number of the Beast Is 666 by William blake (1805)

"Come on, say it again. I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" - Anne Rice

So there I was. I promised Ave that I would accompany her to that stupid party. But since it started at 9pm I had some time to get out of my head. The best way for that was to grab my guitar and write some songs. It was quite beautiful outside so the garden would be the perfect place for that. I sat down and started playing whatever came into my mind.

If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed                                
Then we should feed our jewelery to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me

And then she said she can't believe
Genius only comes along
In storms of fabled foreign tongues
Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs
Northern downpour sends its love

Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don't you go down

Northern Downpour used to be one of my favourite songs to sing back in the day. I guess I kinda just forgot about it until now.

-Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don't you go down
You are at the top of my lungs
Drawn to the ones who never yawn-

I felt a little tear escaping my eye as I finished the song. It brought back so many memories that 10 seconds later I was full on bawling my eyes out. I guessed that was just what I needed but I didn't want anybody to see so I quickly packed up my things and went out of the garden for a little walk. I didn't even know why but I couldn't stop crying. And that was very rare because I never cried. I was a mother figure to so many children that I never allowed myself to cry. No matter what happend, I had to be strong. Normally I would tell myself to suck it up but right now, I didn't want to. After 1 hour of just walking I found a cute little spot where nobody was. I sat down and just didn't do anything. The time flew by and the look on my watch shocked me to death. It was already 7pm and I had to head back! At 8 I arrived back home. Guessing that I still looked like shit I sprinted up the stairs so nobody would be able to see me. I went right into my bathroom and got under the shower. I knew that I was supposed to get ready with Ave but I just didn't have time. I quickly texted her that I was running late and we'd just meet up at 9 downstairs. I knew that I didn't want to go at first but I told myself that I'd be having fun. I even was excited to go out so I curled my hair and put on a black dress, which was not very tight but had a v-neck that was pretty low. I hadn't worn that piece of clothing in over a year so it took me a few minutes to get used to it. I even forgot it was there, I thought I only had shirts and pants. One closer look at the mirror made me realize that I indeed still looked like shit from my little crying session earlier. And I thought to myself, if I'd go out in that dress, I could also slap on some real nice make up, which I also hadn't done in a year. I went with a smokey black eye, silver liner and big lashes. Pretty proud of myself I rotated in the mirror and even took a picture. I know, crazy right? Make up was actually besides singing and playing the guitar one of my biggest hobbies, because I always found it astounding how different one could look with a bit of shit on their face. Maybe I would do it more often again since I liked how it looked on me.

I grabbed my little purse and walked out of the door. There was so much noise downstairs. All the other ones had to be in the living room, from which you could easily look into the hallway, therefore they all would be able to see me. Oh god no. That wasn't exactly what I was looking for but there was no way around it. Well if they would see me, they might as well stare at me, I thought to myself. So I strutted down the stairs like Belle from Beauty and the Beast and as I predicted, all eyes were on me. The whole house went silent which was pretty pleasing. Ave wasn't down just yet so I had to wait for her. Not much later, a head peeked around the corner of the kitchen. Blake of course. Who else would it be. He looked at me with big eyes and an open mouth like if I was some kind of alien. "Careful, you don't want a fly getting in there." I rudely mocked him and turned around, with no intention to talk to him right now. "What-.. Why are you looking like that?" Was he kidding me? Why was I looking like that? How was I looking? "Excuse me? How am I looking according to your expert opinion?" I still didn't turn around. He walked around me, so he could examine me some more. He looked me up and down, grabbed my chin and tilted my head left and right. "Different." was all he said. He annoyed me to death and I didn't want him to ruin my evening. "Well thank you for this outstanding compliment but I have a party to attend. Gotta go." I decided to wait outside for Ave, because he bored me. On my way out he grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. "Hold up. Which party? The one Avery is going to? Because if so, you're 100% not going there." I was going to fight him. I seriously wanted to kick him where it hurt the most. "You have absolutely no right to tell me what to do, neither do I care what you think!" I was mad. "I know the guy that throws it and the people there aren't ones you'd want to be around, trust me. So no, you're not going to that party!" He was trying to sound intimidating, which with some girls I supposed would work. But I wasn't typcally the girl that listend to what a boy had to say. I thought it was time for him to not get his will and I would kindly enough be the girl to teach him so. I teased him with walking over to him. Very close. I grabbed his shirt collar and dragged him down so that his face was right in front of mine. I looked him in the eyes, licked my lips and turned his face to the side. I was sure that he could feel my hot breath under his ear. I even planted a little kiss on his earlobe and whispered "Watch me." Then I went out the door very slowely and turned around one last time just to see him still standing there with wide eyes, very perplex. Finally outside I let all the air out of my lungs and relaxed. My god that was something else.