Coloring Outside The Lines

(Todoroki has gone back to his dorm)

Momo POV

What the hell am I supposed to do now. I mean really what the hell should I do. I can't talk to Jirou can I?

I mean if I just confessed my love to her. Then what would happen! She could be disgusted with me. Or say that we can't be friends anymore. Or or or...

I feel like I'm in a abyss of possibility. With nothing but shade and misfortune littered around in my darkness. The world around me. It's trembling it's feeble it's dark. I hear something quiet a voice, and it's singing?

I feel connected suddenly like I'm floating but still walking on the floor. I step towards to door and open it with a click. I know that voice it's the voice I love.

"Tangled in one bunk because we can't sleep. If I don't feel your arms wrapped around me"

It's Jirou in wrapped in her melody. Her tone is warm and kind. It's soft and perfect and it feels right.

"Been to every rest stop in the country
Without you, oh this dream would feel so empty"

I have not a single clue what she's singing. But I don't care, I want her to keep singing like that for a eternity. Playing from next to me and not doors down the hall.

"Turn to you after we play the first song. To ask you if I fucked it up and sang wrong"

I take a step farther into the hallway. One single step. One single tap into the future. Like the tick of a clock. Like the snapping of fingers.

"There across your face the biggest smile. That makes me feel invincible like a child"

It makes me feel like she's singing all for me. Every single syllable rolling off her tongue a gift. Every line a line tethered between us growing tot.

"Say, what we wanna Do, make it all come True, because nothing is impossible with you"

Possibility is a word filled with tethers aswell. Tying you down or lifting you up. Sometimes staying still trapping you in a moment. She is the knife snapping those bonds for a second, freeing me from a prison of doubt.

"Say, what we wanna Do, make it all come True, because nothing is impossible with you"

But then I'm caught by reality. A snare a trap a trick. A single strand stronger then the other possibilities. A single truth a single painful line. A fact, this strand keeping me caught in my prison is a sentence I've always known.

"She couldn't love me"

"Open my eyes to see you and I. Can't believe this is life.We're coloring outside the lines"