Chapter 8

*Throwback*

"Augustus!" Little 8-year-old Jessie sneaks in the shop.

"How much time have we got this time my girl?"

"A whole day! They're going to Paris and won't be back until tomorrow night!"

"Great, they can't expect you're gonna sit and do nothing can they?" They walk upstairs to his living room.

"Hello Priscilla!"

"Early today Jessie!"
Priscilla is Augustus's wife, a kind and funny lady. They don't have any kids and they insist to be called by their first names only because it feels younger.

Jessie has suddenly spotted a very old photo on the wall.

"Who is this Augustus?" Jessie points at the man in the photo.

"Mordax Fawkes, my father. A great potioneer."

"Do you make potions because of him Augustus?"

" I have always wanted to be as great as him. But sadly he didn't see my potential, and neither do I."

"You're the most powerful potioneer I've ever seen!" Jessie shakes his arms and says.

"No Jessie YOU're the most powerful potioneer I've ever seen! You're different Jessie, you have it in your blood. I'm sure about it." Augustus says to Jessie.

"Am I a potioneer too?"

"Even if you do not choose potions, potions choose you. One day you will be so great just like what my father wants me to be."

Jessie misses Augustus so much. He is the one who unleashes her real potential and encourages her to be a potioneer. She has made a promise that she will return to France and help Augustus with the shop once she finishes Hogwarts.

She then walks back to the main house and puts her diary into a box, together with the things she brought from her old home. Luckily the twins didn't mess around, or else Jessie's real identity will be exposed.

Jessie originally wanted to do the potions in the astronomy tower, but it seems like it's occupied.

"Hi Harry will I bother you if I brew my potions here? Don't worry, there won't be any accidents, at least I have never had one

"Hi Harry will I bother you if I brew my potions here? Don't worry, there won't be any accidents, at least I have never had one."

"No absolutely not."

She starts to take out her equipments and ingredients from the suitcase.

"Do you want me to be your project partner? Potions I mean."

"Thanks Jessie but you really don't need to pity me."

"But you will regret not doing potions with me Harry." Jessie laughs. "I'm really good at it hahahaha!"

"Besides, I don't really need to pity you. " Jessie sits down and says. Jessie knows Harry won't believe unless she talks like that.

"Lying over the triwizard tournament seems to be a bit of a loser act for you. There are loads of things worth to be lied about out there. I just follow the logic, that's it."

Harry smiles back.

"Sometimes you don't need the whole world to believe in the truth. It will be their loss if they choose to avoid it. But still, time does prove everything. You won't lose friends because of this, I know it."

"You do really have so many crushes Jessie."

Here they come.

"We wouldn't mind you investing in our business if you are so eager to do so Harry." Fred puts his arm around Harry's shoulders.

"Yeah Jess is one of us now." George adds as he puts his arm around Jessie as well.

"Excuse me I have not officially promised you both. How will I benefit if I help you out may I ask?"

"Well you will have our products free of charge for the rest of your life if u can keep making us potions." George says while pinching Jessie's face.

"I don't prank people!"

"Time proves everything Jessie." Fred says back.

"So, how is it going?" George kneels down and checks out the love potion Jessie's brewing.

"The highest quality it can ever be. You wanna have a taste??" She says to George and jokingly gives him a spoon."

"I knew she's in love with me, Fred."

"Do you really brew potions without recipes Jessie?" Harry asks with a shocked face.

Jessie doesn't really understand why everyone needs a recipe to make potions. Potion making is just like cooking to her.

"Actually I'm thinking about a potion that can replace Phoenix tears. But that's way too complex and I need to have advanced knowledge of potions brewing. I hope it's possible."

"Wow such a great idea don't forget to put it in our shop." Fred says with his eyes wide open, as if he's gonna be rich so soon.

"If I win the tournament I can use that 1000 Galleons in your shop, if I win." Harry says as as if it is impossible for him to win.

Fred suddenly walks very close to Harry and touch his face.

"That's why we always think you will win. Isn't it Georgie?"