Chapter 11

The yule ball is coming soon. McGonagall is teaching the dance in class.

"So, we are going to have our Yule ball soon. Today we will be practising the dance. Mr Weasley would you mind? " McGonagall says as she invites Ron.

"Yeah~~~" Everyone is smirking so hard, including Harry and the twins of course.

"Everyone, please try it with a partner."

The girls look so excited and stand up so quickly, unlike the boys and Jessie, who has no experience in imagining herself to dance with someone in a proper dress. She just wants to know if she really needs to do it. Who would have wanted her as his date?

"We will tease you Jess, to make you feel awkward, we know that's your favourite emotion." Fred says as he walks towards Jessie with George.

"I don't need you two laughing at me to feel awkward, you're not even that influential Freddie." Jessie grins with her arms crossed.

"Oh yeah? How influential are you then?" The twins kneel down besides Jessie and asks.

"I can embarrass Hogwarts. Is that enough?" Jessie says.

"VERY ENOUGH. Show us right now." The twins challenges Jessie.

"You two will need to dance first. I know it sounds weird but it really depends on this. I can't make it if you refuse to do so. Your choice." Jessie says arrogantly.

"Let's do it for the greater good then brother."

They start dancing and keep looking at Jessie, waiting for signals.

"Psssss your moves! Make them more vigorous or else I won't make it!"

"What?!" The twins whispers to Jessie.

"I know I know just wait for it you'll see." Jessie whispers to them and she keeps looking at McGonagall as if she's waiting for her time to act.

They dance exaggeratedly and it catches everyone's attention. No one knows what they're doing.

"Ekhem."
Says McGonagall as she looks at them.

Everyone else is laughing, included Jessie of course.

"You two should better not embarrass Hogwarts in front of others at the Yule ball."

Jessie winks at them.

"A prank??? Jessie Kenwood you've pranked someone do you know what you're doing?" Fred says and points at Jessie.

"You told me to do it Freddie. I can barely call it a tie." Jessie says and slightly pushes Fred.

Jessie did not pay attention to Mcgonagall at all because she knows she won't need to dance in the ball. She bets the twins will have the sixth years as their dates and everyone else are gonna pick their friends soono.

Later, Jessie walks to the courtyard to meet the golden trio after she has watered her plants in the suitcase. Someone suddenly jumps out to her.

*Gasp*"Cedric!

*Gasp*
"Cedric!... What a coincidence." Jessie is scared by Cedric's sudden jump.

"Oh I'm so sorry did I scare you? No?"
He says as he chuckles. There must be something big happening for he is hesitating and acting unnatural. Jessie just hopes there is nothing to do with her.

"So ekhem the thing is... umm...
Would you go to the Yule ball with me?"

"Oh...huh??"

"Uh I'm so sorry I know you have some misunderstandings about me earlier... But it would really be my honour if you can go to the yule ball with me." Cedric asks Jessie sincerely

Jessie doesn't really want to go with him, but basically she cannot reject him because there's no one else asking her earlier. She thinks she must agree in order to be polite.

"Ok...Thanks...for inviting me." Jessie says and nods.

"Great!! See you there!"
He then walks away and joins his friends who are currently wooing. Of course the golden trio has witnessed the whole thing.

"Jessie is that Cedric Diggory who asks you to the ball???" Ron asks with a shocked face.

"Yeah...I couldn't reject him. "Jessie sighs.

"Reject him? Blimey there are bunch of girls wanting to go with him!" Ron exclaims.

"It doesn't mean she will need to accept it no matter what Ronald." Hermione says and rolls her eyes. "Jessie can pick whoever she wants-"

"I know!! That's why I should have said no, Ron! I'm too new here to be his partner."

"I don't think you should ever reject him though Jessie! He's a gentle one." Hermione is quite happy for Jessie.

"We have just met twice! I'm a stranger... totally don't understand his logic." Jessie starts panicking.

"There must be a reason he chooses you Jessie." Harry says as he pats on Jessie's shoulder.

In Snape's class, everyone is doing their work so quietly inside Snape's area.

Fred suddenly slips a note to Ron, and successfully asks Angelina Johnson to be his date within 20 seconds. Jessie knew he's gonna ask Angelina.

It must have motivated Ron to ask someone, but he asks in a quite interesting way

So interesting that Snape hits their heads and Hermione leaves angrily.

"Ron... that's not a very common way to ask a girl..."

"Who knows..." Ron says.

"That's pathetic brother." George teases him.

"Who are you going with Georgie?" Jessie asks while writing her essay.

"...Whom do you expect I will go with?"

They then look at each other.