Chapter 10: Jealousy

Once Reika got Kurapika to sit down, she grabbed his hand and closed her eyes. He was wondering what she was doing, but he suddenly felt warmth radiate through his body. His back and stomach no longer hurt, and he felt better than ever. Reika slowly opened her eyes again and took her hands away from Kurapika. She smiled slightly at him as he looked at her amazed.

"What did you just do?" Kurapika felt stronger than ever.

"She gave you some of her Nen to heal you faster. Cool isn't it?" Izunavi walked over to the two and sat down with them.

"You can do that too? I'm very impressed." Kurapika was truly in awe of Reika's powers. Reika wasn't one who liked to show off or be the center of attention, so she simply blushed a little and smiled awkwardly while rubbing the back of her head.

"She saved my life once. We first met when she was thirteen, we were both assigned on the same mission. Even with five pro hunters, the job was difficult. I ended up taking multiple stab wounds to the chest, if it wasn't for Reika, I wouldn't be here today." Izunavi sighed as he remembered back to a time when he was younger.

"Wait, you've had this much power since you were thirteen?" Kurapika looked at her in utter disbelief.

"Well, you could say that." Reika felt weird again, she hated discussing her powers, but she didn't want to be rude and dismiss Kurapika.

For the next five days Reika and Kurapika faced off head to head as Kurapika chased her with his chain. While staying a few nights with him, Reika asked where the immense hatred stemmed from. He was reluctant to answer at first, but after a few hours he came around and told Reika his story. How the Phantom Troupe murdered his entire clan and took their eyes.

"I can see why you would bear so much hatred for them. Even hearing about that makes me hate them too. I'm sorry Kurapika, if I had known you back then I probably could've helped you and your clan." Even though Reika hung around Hisoka, she didn't tolerate needless killing.

She despised those who used their abilities to harm others. She makes so much money by taking out evil groups like the Phantom Troupe, she had pretty much dedicated her life as a hunter to help those in need. Even if it was some thugs or common murderers, Reika still offered her services to anyone who asked. She knew she was strong, but she also knew that someone had to deal with the weaker bad guys, she didn't choose her jobs based on degree of difficulty, she choose to fight anyone who picked on those who were weaker.

"You have two more days Kurapika. I can tell you've improved though, I've finally been using Nen to avoid your attacks, so keep up the good work." Reika patted Kurapika on his shoulder as he looked at her with grateful eyes.

The next morning Reika speed around the trees as she dodged Kurapikas chain. He slowly learned how to change the direction the chain was moving without slowing it down. Reika was right, he was getting better. There was a significant improvement from when they first spared.

Reika dodged the chain behind a tree, the chain busted through the tree and almost hit her. Reika was surprised that his simple chain attack was now strong enough to break through wood. She softly smiled to herself as she continued to dodge the chain.

After a few more minutes of dashing around, Reika turned to her right to block the chain, but the chain suddenly switched directions, almost like it was expecting her to dodge that way. It speedily wrapped around her throat, before it could touch her skin, she ducked her head away, but the dowsing end of the chain continued to follow her. When she stood back up the chain hit her square on her cheeck forming a small bruise.

"Yes!" Kurapika pumped his fists up in the air at his success. Reika was surprised he actually managed to hit her before time ran out. She smiled and laughed lightly at Kurapika's sudden excitement.