Evie!

Supernova Spoilers

Nova missed her family more than ever.Why did Ace have to kill them? Bang. Her mother slumping to the ground. Bang. Her father, never to see again. Bang. Her little sister's cries, silenced forever. Suddenly, Nova was jerked back to reality by the sound of her comm beeping. She had a special investigation tonight on Main Street. Nova went to change into her Renegade uniform, and  she realized tears were streaming down her face. Cleaning then up, she went downstairs to get a quick snack before doing her investigation.
When she got to the building the were waiting in, she noticed lights coming from the second story. She walked up the stairs and saw a room filled with party equipment and food. "What is happening here?!" Nova exclaimed. "This is my first investigation and I wanted to fit in," Max tried to explain. "Well, normally"— "We do this all the time," Oscar interrupted. "I was going to say, normally investigations don't have a disco ball," Nova finished, "but there's a first time for everything, I guess."
Before Oscar could answer, a streak of white flashed by on the street, carrying some stolen thing. "Look!" Adrian exclaimed "there! Let's go!" In a flash the team was outside, chasing the thief. "Wow" Adrian huffed, " that is one hard-to-catch thief." "Yeah" Ruby puffed. Just as the team was going to give up, a swarm of butterflies converged right in front of the girl and Danna slipped a pair of handcuffs on the thief. "Hey!" Said a familiar voice, "let me go!" "Maggie? What are you doing here?" Adrian asked.
" I could ask you the same thing" Magpie said. "We're on investigation duty" Max replied, "so what are you doing?" "Um..." Magpie steeled her features. "None of your business." "Oh, I think it is our business and you would do best just to come with us!"  "Yeah, I think not. I will just walk away now." "You will come with us!" Nova repeated. Nova was so angry at Magpie she could scream. Magpie was so annoying!
I'll come with you without a fight, but only if you will not tell the Renegades what has happened," Maggie replied. "Fine," Nova said, "we should probably get back to the investigation."
As soon as they were back at the building they had staked out, Nova turned on Magpie. "Ok, shoot." "Shoot what?" "Tell me your backstory." Magpie flinched. "Only if you go first" she replied. "Ugh. Fine"
"When I was only six years old, a gunman for hire came. My mother tried to plead with him but he wouldn't listen. Bang. My mother slumped to the ground. Bang. My father, never to see again. Bang. My little sister, Evie's cries, silenced forever. Evie never stopped crying. Never until that day. The guy came to shoot me, and I put him to sleep. Pull the trigger, Nova. Pull the trigger. Nova, pull the trigger. A few hours later, my uncle Ace arrived and shot the man for me. I didn't find out until the second Battle for Gatlon that my uncle Ace had sent the gunman and killed my family." 

Magpie gasped. "I know. I can't believe that Ace killed my family, either." "It's not that, it's"—Suddenly Magpie reached over and wrapped Nova in a hug. " What are you doing?" Nova asked, pulling away. "You're my sister, Nova! You're my older sister!"

I really hope you enjoyed that one-shot. As usual,  I need suggestions! -Krazykitty5536