The Suqlax Mission

I started off my day conducting rounds on the elderly. Making sure they're still alive for one, but also checking their vitals, administering their medicine, and providing small talk if they need it. Nothing has happened since I finished that task, which is surprising because usually, we have a kid come in to treat a scrape from playing with the other kids. Now, the other healer and I are just sitting in the office doing work and goofing around every now and then. Sometimes we like to gossip about what's going on in the village or in town, we're not bad people it just makes the time go faster.

Dez is the other healer I work with. He is much more advanced than me which is why he handles most of the cases while I just assist. It's okay though because I am a much better mechanic which means that I can crush him in the little speed droid-build competitions we have when we are bored. If we ever have a competition that deals with who can diagnose a patient the fastest, I'd like to think that I can win, but there is a good chance that Dez can beat me in that. Alas, we have yet to host one so that mystery will remain as is. Still think I can beat him though.

There is one thing that Dez will for sure beat me at - and that is looking good. Dez is known in this village for being exceptionally good looking and a real gentleman. He is tall and athletic with jet black hair and ebony skin. His sharp chestnut brown eyes match his thick eyebrows to fit his chiseled face and full lips. His eyes are constantly bright and a white smile is always plastered on his face. Dez has a short black beard growing along his jaw and cheeks, as well as a dark mustache.

Compared to the other men in the village, Dez dresses more professionally because of his work, which adds to the immense stares from the men and women. He always walks with his shoulders back, chin high, and long strides. His voice is deep and soothing, he can read me a book and I could fall asleep listening to him. Dez has the enhanced ability to charm anyone by being himself. He is truly a great guy - super kind, honest, respectable, intelligent, selfless, the list goes on. Words cannot describe how amazing Dez is, although I may be biased because he has helped me with stuff in the past.

Every man and woman from this village, and even the town, wants to be the one who woos Dez's heart. The daughters of wealthy landowners constantly try to talk to Dez whenever he's in town. Rosalía tells me this all the time, but Dez never brings it up. I have to pressure him into telling me, and even then, he doesn't get much into detail. I think he is aware that his looks attract people (he has to be, so many people tell him so), but he doesn't like to boast about himself. In fact, he hardly ever talks about himself unless I ask and he always asks "why does it even matter?"

I don't think Dez has ever had a significant other, and he has expressed multiple times that he isn't interested at the moment. "I'm just trying to focus on my work right now. Relationships can wait." He told me one time. Another reason why people want him even more - he's "untouchable." Rolls eyes. I know it seems like I have a crush on Dez, but I don't; I am in the same boat as Dez, I'm not actively seeking out a relationship at the moment.

Alright, that's enough of praising Dez.

"Mya?" Dez calls out, I snap my head up from the book I was reading. Dez is standing in front of the medicine cabinet, his back facing me, while he is rummaging through the different herbs and medicines.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Where is the jar of suqlax? I can't find it." He states.

"It should be in there..." I stand up from my desk then walk to the cabinet he is standing in front of, "It's not there?" Dez shakes his head in response. I look into the cabinet, even moving a few herbs around, and no suqlax found.

"I could've sworn we had a whole jar of it." He mutters.

"Yeah me too. I think Caden and Stoke are going back to town in a few days, maybe I can see if those traders are still there?" I suggest.