Chapter 2

'Hey, wake up' someone was calling from a distance. Who was he? He had a sweet melodious voice and _Suddenly someone patted my face. 'Come on. The plane is landing.' That was when I came to my senses. I snapped my eyes open. I was sleeping on Rick's shoulder and my hand was on his lap. I shot away from him and said

'Oh, I'm sorry. Have you been awake for a long time? You could have called me!'

'Oh, it doesn't matter. What matters is that the flight is landing and you've been asleep for such a long time.'

'Oh, I am sorry. I'm extremely sorry. You know, I'm a really good sleeper' I added mischievously.

'I could say' he laughed.

'So did you have a good sleep? Did I disturb you?' I asked.

'Oh no, not at all. As a matter of fact, your hair was the one that slowly guided me to sleep. It was fluttering all over me'

'Oops!' I said and giggled. He laughed with me. The plane landed within a short time and came an announcement. "Please unfasten your seatbelts. Your destination has arrived."

'Ok, come on. Pack up.' I said and we took our handbags and got out from the plane. We walked towards the luggage receiving area and waited for our luggage.

'Hey Eve, that's my bag' he said.

'Then go and grab it, man. What are you waiting for?' I said and pushed him. He took his bag and eventually we received our entire luggage.

'Why are you acting so stupidly?' I asked. He was looking here and there as if he had been dropped from some other planet to Earth.

'You know, I'm not much familiar with these procedures' he said.

'Sorry, I forgot' I said. I really had forgotten. After all the procedures, we got out of the airport and were waiting for a taxi. We were simply looking at each other.

'So?' I asked

'So _'

'Er, where are you heading?' I asked.

'Oh, so that's the question. Even I'm not sure' he said and laughed, but I was puzzled.

'Huh? What do you mean?' I asked.

'I mean that I have nowhere to go' he said sadly.

'What?! Then why did you come to India?' I was horrified.

'Oh, just for some break from all the pressure.'

'Do you have money?'

'I don't think so'

Suddenly a taxi stopped in front of us. 'Get in' I said.

'What?' he asked stupidly.

'GET IN' I ordered and pushed him into the car and I followed.

'Aurangzeb road, please.' I said to the driver.

'Right' the driver said and drove.

'Hey, where are you taking me?' Rick asked completely taken aback.

'To my home' I said.

'Your home! I mean your home? What the _ How will you at least introduce me?' he asked sarcastically.

'You're coming with me as my best friend.'

'Are your parents stupid? I look older than you _ and where is your house?'

'What does it matter? And my house in Mumbai.'

'What? Mumbai?! Are we going by train?'

'No. We are going from car to car, on road.'