Chapter 7

I was in a meadow full of trees and flowers. There was a beautiful lake by the edge. I washed my face in the cool water. It was so refreshing and suddenly a heaven-soothing voice spoke 'Wake up.' Suddenly I was brought back to Earth. Richard was sprinkling water in my face. So it wasn't the water from the lake after all, and I smiled.

'What?' he asked.

'Oh nothing. I just had a stupid dream' I said.

'You yourself are stupid. You're having stupid dreams too?' he asked smiling.

'Hey, you idiot' I called after him as he jumped out of the bed. I threw a pillow at him.

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked and saw that it was Dad. 'You go and brush. Let me answer the call' I said and he went away.

'Hello dad' I said.

'Hello dear. When will you reach here? I'm waiting' he said.

'I am coming dad. I'll reach there by night.'

'Excellent! I will arrange a party right away.'

'Why dad? There is no need.'

'Yes, there is. We're seeing each other after a long time. Shouldn't it be a bit colorful? Anyway, bye dear. One of my clients is calling me. Stay safe' he said and hung the phone.

I sighed as Rick returned to the room. 'Who was it?' he asked.

'Dad' I said and he gave his full rapt attention. 'He was saying that he was going to arrange a big party just because I'm arriving. I don't understand why. He's raving mad' I said shaking my head.

'Hey, give some respect' he said and was silenced immediately at the look I gave him.

'You're really excited to meet my dad, aren't you?' I asked.

'As a matter of fact, yes. Anyone would wish to meet a person like him, won't they? He's a great inspiration to many.'

'Yes, but not to me' I said and he rolled his eyes.

'Eve, it's high time for you to start loving your dad. Whatever he does, he does it all for you. Not for anyone else. You were angry at him because he sent bodyguards after you. If he has done it, it's only for your safety. He has many business rivals and enemies. If they do something to you, how can he handle it? He has lost his wife and if he loses his daughter too, he would die with frustration' he said.

'Rick, you don't know him. He is not at all a man like you think he is. He is _' I began but he interrupted me.

'Stop Eve. I'm not talking about a businessman. I'm talking about the emotions of a father. He may not be a good father from outside. But which dad doesn't feel affection for his daughter? I can say, he loves you more than anything in his life. He is even celebrating your arrival. Do you know how much he must have missed you? Didn't you ever miss your dad?' he asked.

'I don't know' I said wearily 'but _'

'I can't win over you, Eve. Go and brush' he said to me.

'Ok' I said and entered the bathroom and thought about what Rick said. It was true. I had missed dad, even though I didn't like to admit it. He was a good dad to me. He gave me everything I needed. He made everything easy for me. Then why did I hate him? I didn't understand. I quickly brushed and returned to the room.

'Come, we need to move' I said.

'Ok. Let's have the breakfast from the restaurant' he said. We quickly dressed and went to the restaurant.

I ordered 'Two salads please.'

'Duh!' he sighed.

'Are you done of the salads?'