Chapter 1: Daffodils

The flower that best represents a new beginning is the Daffodil.

Tom:
Anger was boiling through my veins as I walked down the city sidewalk of London. I never noticed how my mood affected the way I acted. My steps were loud and heavier then they should've been, and I had an obvious scowl on my face.

The reason I felt so angry on this particular day was my director. I knew that when I agreed to be in this movie that I would have to give a lot of time and effort, but I never thought it would be this much. I got very little sleep lately, and I barely got any breaks throughout the day. I sometimes wanted to quit, but I knew I didn't want to give up so easily or ruin my reputation as a hard worker. I still wanted to say something in an unapparent way.

I knew of a small floral shop on Oxford street, and that's where I was headed. My mother always told me, "if you can't say something out loud, say it with flowers." I always loved when she would say that because of the irony of the situation. Somebody thought they were receiving a nice bouquet of flowers, but the underlying meaning of each flower was supposed to nonchalantly tell them they were disliked for one reason or another.

I finally reached the floral shop. It was a small olive green colored building, it had many windows and an open sign near the front door. I saw flowers everywhere on the outside, and the inside. I looked up at the words across the building, Full Bloom Floral Shop. I pulled open the door, and heard a small bell ring. As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with the smell of flowers and most likely pollen. I looked around the store to see a few small tables, and a lot of flower arrangements on shelves, and the floor even. I looked up at the ceiling to see glass panels. The shop was sort of like a green house. I looked around and noticed the cash register counter on the left side. I saw a girl standing behind the counter, turned around and watering some sort of flowers. I strutted towards her quickly.

Chryssa:

I heard the bell of the door open, and glanced over to see a guy around my age walk into the shop. I guessed that this was just another love struck boy, finding flowers for the so-called "love of his life".

I went back to watering the flower I was attending to, expecting the guy to know exactly what he wanted, and come to the counter after only a minute. I didn't expect what happened to happen. I heard the bell on the counter ring, and I turned around. I finally got a good look at the guy, and surprisingly good looking.

"Hi, how can I help you?", I asked. He grinned at me.

"I have an odd question for you."He said.

"Go ahead."

"How do I passive aggressively say I abhor you in flowers?" He grinned. I laughed, but also felt excited because this was my moment.

"So, you want a bouquet of several flowers or just one kind of flower?"

"Bouquet would be lovely, darling." I smiled, and went to work getting all the flowers together.

"Alright. We need some geraniums to symbolize stupidity, and next petunias to symbolize anger and resentment. Orange lilies to symbolize hatred, and a just a few foxgloves for insincerity. If you really want to be extreme, Butterfly weeds. Those literally mean 'Leave me, you have been warned!'" I said. He laughed, and nodded. I put together the bouquet in less than 5 minutes, and put it in a vase.

"You really know your flowers, don't you?", He asked. I nodded and laughed.

"I know them all. This will be a very striking and beautiful bouquet, and they won't even know what it means."

Tom:
I smiled at the girl, and paid for the flowers. I only had a thirty minute lunch for the day, and I had to be back soon. I would be back at the floral shop tomorrow because I couldn't get the beautiful blonde florist out of my head.