Chapter 4: Yellow Roses

Yellow Roses best symbolize friendship.

Tom's POV:
I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew I should try to comfort her. I rubbed her back, and let her cry for a few moments. I knew she probably needed some time to get all of her emotions out, but at the same time I wanted to know what was wrong.

"Chryssa?" I asked. I tucked a strand of her shoulder length blonde hair behind her ear, and she looked over at me. I saw a few tears streaming down her face. I gently placed my thumb on her cheek to wipe them away, and she gave me a half smile.

"What?" She whispered.

"What happened?" Chryssa tilted her head up, and sighed.

"It's just my stupid boyfriend. He stood me up again. He forgot about our date that we planned or forgot to tell me that he couldn't come or something. I just thought that this would be the date where he remembered me, but I'm naive. I'll just have to talk to him and see what happened. Maybe he got called in and didn't have time to message me. I don't know." This made me angry. Chryssa deserved so much better, but I couldn't do anything about it. I had to let her figure things out, and decide what to do.

"I'm so sorry that this keeps happening to you. I wish I could help. Can I give you a ride home?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. She gave me the directions to her house, and we started driving there.

"You know Tom, I don't know anything about you really. I for some reason trust you a lot, but I don't even know who you are. So, tell me who you are ." I had dreaded that this moment would come. I knew she didn't know that I was famous, and I didn't know if I wanted her to know. She treated me like a normal person, and I didn't get that very often .

I did something incredibly stupid next. "Oh, um, I just work on movie sets. I go on the runs for people, and I print papers and stuff.Nothing too fancy. " I scoffed at my blatant lies. "I have three brothers, and a dog named Tessa. What else do you want know?" I asked. I had told a huge lie, and I would have to suffer the consequences. She smiled at me.

"What's your passion?" She asked me sincerely. "What makes you get out of bed every single day, and makes it worth living?"

"I don't know. I just want to make everyone proud I guess. I don't really know what my passion is though. I used to love dancing." Another lie. Sure, I used to love dancing, but I knew what my passion was. I loved acting, but I couldn't tell her about that. "What's your passion?"

"I definitely don't dance." She said, and laughed. "I'm awful at dancing, but I have a different passion. I do love taking care of plants, but I also love playing the piano. I've played since I was 7, and I just love it."

Her eyes seemed to sparkle when she talked about things she loved, and I found a new thing to love about her.

It was then, when my plan finally came into place. I knew exactly what I needed to do. And, I wouldn't forget.

Chryssa's POV:
Tom had been so kind to me. He had dropped me off at home, and we had exchanged numbers. He wanted to make sure I was okay, and he said he would text me later. His kindness had distracted me from Brad for a while, but once I was left at home alone it all sunk in. It had really hurt me, and I didn't know what had happened.

I decided to text Brad to see what was going on. I got out my phone, and sat on our conversation for a while. I wasn't sure what to say to him, but finally I decided to go with my gut. I didn't want to seem weak, so I decided to act like I wasn't even hurt.

Hey Brad. I was just wondering what happened with our date? You didn't show up. Goodnight.

I set my phone down, and and decided to get in the shower. I took my time, and stayed in the warm water. It was comforting, and felt great after a long day. I took a longer shower then normal, but I didn't want to stay in too late. I got out and dried myself off. I changed into some sweats, and checked my phone. I saw two texts, one from Brad, and one  from Tom. I was angry with Brad, and decided to be bitter by reading Tom's text first.

Hey, are you feeling any better? I hope everything will turn out well for you. Goodnight

For some reason, I couldn't help smiling as I read his message. I quickly decided to reply back.

Thanks for all your comfort and help. I feel a little better, but I'll probably have to give it a little time. I hope everything is going well for you as well. Goodnight

I sent the message, then went to Brad's message.

Got called into work. Forgot 2 tell u. Sry.

I sighed, and set my phone down. I didn't even bother replying. I wanted to confront him in person about it all. I got into bed, and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Morning:
It was 7 am, and my alarm went off. It was time for work again today. I was excited to get my mind off of my problems, and onto plants. I didn't mean to, but I kept wondering if Tom would come to Full Bloom today to see me.

I got dressed into a flowery shirt, light blue skirt, black leggings, and my favorite high top sneakers. I felt like today might be a great day, but who ever knows for sure?

I had a quick breakfast, finished getting ready, then went out the door. I nearly stepped on something that was sitting right outside my door.

I looked down to see a single yellow rose on the concrete steps. I picked it up out of curiosity, and walked back in my house. I didn't know who it was from, but I was guessing it was from Brad. Maybe it was his way of saying sorry. It made me smile because maybe he wasn't who I thought he was. Maybe he did pay attention to things that I liked, and did care. I put the flower in a vase, headed back out of the house, and off to work.