Going Back

Adam couldn't sleep. He was so worried about Penny. He knew that chances were she was dead, but she was an android, and, even if she did die, she deserved a proper funeral. He decided to go back to the school. This would be the last time he saw that damned school, hopefully, but he was going for his friend. Since he lived in an orphanage, as his parents went missing when he was just five, he shared a room with his best friend, Noah. Noah was a nice kid, albeit a bit weird. Adam decided to ask for his help.
"Noah!" Kid said.
"What is it, Adam?"
"You remember Penny?"
"The weird android girl?"
"Yep. We should go back for her."
Noah sighed. He knew about Adam's crush on Penny.
"Fine..."
"Do you want to bring someone else to help?"
"How about th--- N--- I mean Lily?"
"Impressive, Noah. Sure, we can bring her. Do you know where she lives?"
"Yep. She gave me her address a couple weeks ago. We've hung out every now and again."
"Let's go get her. Lead the way."
"First, we need to sneak out."
The two snuck out and went to Lily's house. Having magical powers made it easier. Once they got there, Noah knocked on the door, which was answered by Lily.
"Oh, hey, Nugget. Hey, Kid," she said. Yep, Noah is Nugget, Adam is Kid. "What's up?"
"You remember Penny?"
"Yeah. She helped us save the missing kids."
"Adam wants to go back for her."
And thus, the three went back to the school. Once they got there, they saw Penny... waiting outside? No, that can't be right. The three thought that they were seeing things. When they went down into the basement, they kept to the fact that they were---
"You need to get out of here!" Penny warned.
"Penny, we came back for you!" Kid said.
"I'm saying this for your own safety. My mom made numerous versions of me for if I died. You freed me, but that one wants to kill you." Okay, so they weren't seeing things. Kid and Lily grabbed Penny's body. Nugget grabbed her head. Since they were in the lab, they rebuilt her.
"What part of 'You need to get out of here' did you not understand!?"
"We weren't leaving without you. Now come on!" The four of them left the school, sneaking by the second Penny. The good Penny saw a chance and killed the bad Penny. Since there was one still alive, the next Penny would stay inactive. Once the four got to the orphanage, Lily said goodbye to the three. Explaining to the owner of the orphanage about Penny was complex, but Penny showed that she was and is an android. Thus, she was allowed to stay in the same room as Nugget and Kid, as long as she wasn't in the room when they changed and vice versa. Once Nugget and Kid were changed, they left so that Penny could change. She changed, then plugged herself in after calling the boys back in. This was the beginning of a long story.