2 - 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘

﹋﹋﹋

Despite everyone's disregard of my capabilities, I still decide to try and make acquaintances with my teammates.

If only I could find them, however.

It's almost pathetic, considering I find Team 10 before a single teammate of my own. Hesitantly, I approach them, hoping one of them might know where they are. I lean on the railing closest to Shikamaru, and he peers up at me, swallowing down a mouthful of food. His signature mellowed composure gives me a sense of familiarity, something I grasp onto in an attempt to rid myself of discomfort. He looks at me in anticipation, yet none of the others seemed to have notice me yet.

"Hey," I start, gaining attention of the other two. Ino eyes me with hostility, and I disregard it as Choji offers me a smile. My eyes land back on Shikamaru, briefly, before I direct my question to all three of them. "Have you, by chance, seen any of my teammates? I got caught up, and now I can't find them."

It takes them a second to process my words, before Shikamaru points a lazy finger to the building directly across from us. He blinks. "You'll find Naruto over there; he ambushed Sasuke. He didn't win, though." He snorts, amused.

I let out a sigh, as Ino pitches in. "Yeah, Sasuke won! I mean, of course he did; it's Sasuke, he can do anything."

I nod, not in the mood for Ino's antics. I do turn to her, offering a fleeting gaze. We used to be close, bonding over flower petals and the beauty of bouquets, until she switched from gushing over flowers to one specific Uchiha. She flickers her eyes to me, a wild glare. I snap my head back to the building with a small nod, before giving Shikamaru an appreciative smile.

"Thanks. Well, I'll see you." Giving the three a wave, I ready myself to jump to the other building. I can hear Shikamaru let out a chuckle, and I turn around to see a smile plastered on his face.

"Good luck," He says, "I have a feeling you'll need it."

You bet I do.

And I'm off, preparing myself to deal with a possible sulking and pissy Naruto. Although, when I slip myself through the window and adjust my eyes to the lack of light in the room, it's not Naruto i'm greeted with, but Sasuke.

And when we meet eyes, I come to wonder why Team 10 would bother tricking me with such a useless lie. Woven with tied rope and strips of tape forming an X over his mouth, Sasuke directs his wrath towards me with an angered glare. He wiggles, and it's rather amusing, considering I never thought I'd see the Sasuke Uchiha in such a situation. I narrow my eyes at him, titling my head slightly.

After my initial confusion, I kneel next to him to free him from the knots, though I can't help but wonder how Naruto of all people got the jump on him. It's something i'll have to ask him when he can speak.

Just to amuse me, I rip the tape off his mouth, muttering a dishonest "Sorry." after he winces in pain.

After he's fully released, he stands up and rolls his shoulders a couple of times, then massages his wrists, displeased frown still on his face.

"I thought I'd find Naruto in here."

He scoffs, pointing his nose up, almost in disgust, frown morphing into a scowl. "That loser attacked me with shadow clones."