Ch. 3

word count: 693

One month. It's been one full month. Since when you ask? Since Jungkook's been harassed by the group of boys he's seen at school. Now at the beginning, it was subtle, it wasn't that noticeable. They would be at lunch with little glances. The library they would be about 7 feet away reading and glancing at him. Then, it escalated, they started sitting across from him in the library, inching closer and closer to him in the cafeteria.

Frankly, he was exhausted every time he turned he saw their faces. He was trying his best to avoid them at all costs but it seems his plans keep failing over and over again. Today he would finally put an end to this stalking problem.

He quickly walked out of his house, as his dad was passed out on the couch again. He saw the group standing outside their house waiting on something. So, he took his chance and walked towards the school as fast as possible. Nothing can go according to plan. He heard a voice calling him from behind him. Jungkook knew better though, he kept his pace ignoring the call on purpose.

Jungkook felt someone hot on his heels, keeping up with jungkook's pace. So, Jungkook did a full stop and turned around. "Why are you following me?", Jungkook questioned staring directly at the boy. The boy looked shocked for a moment but quickly caught himself, "I've been trying to talk to you for a while." Jungkook just kept staring at him in disbelief, "Why? I keep feeling you follow me and breathing on my neck."

The boy smiled at him and said, "Taehyung." Jungkook dumbly stared and said, "huh?" "Normally one would respond with their name", the boy named Taehyung said. They stood in front of each other for a while. Taehyung looked like he was getting anxious standing there. Finally, Jungkook responded with a blank expression, "Jungkook."

Jungkook turned around and kept walking his face getting hotter as he kept walking. Taehyung on the other hand was ecstatic, from just getting his name. He turned and looked at his boyfriends approaching him. "I got his name", he said with a huge smile on his face.

•••

As Jungkook walked out of the school he saw Taehyung waving him over. He was by himself surprisingly, normally the whole group would be together unless they had different classes. As Jungkook walked over Taehyung asked, "Can I walk you home?" Jungkook was a little happy to be asked. "Yes, you can", Jungkook responded. They turned and walked toward their houses. It was a silent walk but Jungkook didn't find it awkward, it felt natural to be next to Taehyung.

The walk went by quickly, and Jungkook saw his house in no time. "It was only me because I thought all of us would be awkward. But, they'd like to walk with you too." Taehyung said before he added, "Only if you want to." Jungkook grinned a bit and said, "Sure, but only one person." Taehyung smiled brightly, they said their goodbyes. Jungkook looked as he watched him walk towards his house. Jungkook turned and walked into his own.

As he walked in he heard a noise which surprised him. Normally he'd be gone by now so, immediately he was on guard. He walked into the kitchen to see his dad cooking something. "Dad? What are you making?" Jungkook questioned the man. He turned and said "Pancakes." The man had turned back around before Jungkook could respond. So, he just walked backward to the exit.

Before he could step out entirely his dad said "Your mother asked for pancakes." Jungkook knew his dad would hallucinate from time to time. Since his mother passed he spent every minute drinking but sometimes he would sit in silence for hours at a time. Or, this hallucinates that she was still alive. Jungkook learned the hard way not to tell him that she was dead. If someone told him that he would get so angry and violent. So, Jungkook responded, "Make sure you put blueberries." He said before making his way to his room.

꧁꧁-neocitybby-꧂꧂