A Dream Destroyed

They were finally here. This was a moment Nott has been waiting for, for a long time. Ever since she was pulled apart from her family and turned into this- this monster, she has been aching to see them again. To see Yeza again. Now it was about to happen. She couldn't breathe.

"Not- Veth?" Jester asks.

Nott takes a deep breath before responding, "yeah?"

"Are you sure about this? Looking like this?" Jester askes refering to her goblin looks, "do you want to ease him into it?"

"Should I look like how I did before?" Nott asked, looking up to her.

Jester just nods slightly. Nott sighs and takes a moment to change her looks to resemble the halfling she once was. A slightly overweight, darkskinned, halfling. Everyone saw her with long dark braids and brown eyes, she was wearing a yellow sundress and comfortable shoes. She looks up and smiles at everyone, "hi."

Everyone chuckles and smiles back at her, Jester coos at her. "Veth, you are beautiful!" She squeals and clasps her hands at her chest. Veth just blushes and looks down. Before she registers someone crouching down in front of her.

She looks up and sees Caleb smiling softly at her. He puts his hand out to her, she responds by placing hers in his. Caleb grasps it tightly before placing his other hand on top. He looks into her eyes noticing the tears building. He just tugs on her hand slightly, inviting her in. She just moves with him, feeling the tug and just falling forward.

Caleb wraps his arms around her and holds her tight, trying to convey all of his feelings towards her. Love. Protection. Comfort. Peace. Love. All of them. She lets a few tears loose, they soak into Calebs coat, where her face is squished into him. He rubs her back and holds her tight, letting his head rest against hers.

"Everything's going to be alright, liebling," he whispers. Everyong else has quieted down and has just been watching the moment. "You are ready. I know you are."

Veth nods into him. She inhales for a few seconds before letting it out and pulling out of Caleb's grasp. "You know Jester's right?" Caleb says as he pushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

Veth smiles, "Thank you, Caleb."

He smiles before standing up and moving out of her way, so she can get to the cell. She takes a long, calming breath before walking in. She moves in and can see her husband sitting in the corner. Caleb and the rest of the team watches in anticipation. He puts his hand to his mouth and rubs his bearded chin for a moment before just letting it rest there.

Veth takes a step forward saying, "Yeza?" As soft as she can.

He quickly stands up, "Veth?" He questions in disbelief, "I thought you were dead! What? wha-" he trails of. He rushes towards her. Veth surprisingly takes a step back.

"Please, don't touch me," She curls into herself a bit. "I'm not the same as you remember me, what you see is an illusion."

He startles a bit, "okay..." he trails, then he waits.

Veth sighs, "here," she says and holds out her hand. He catiously places his hand in hers and gasps. He feels the roughness of her skin, the claws gently touching the back of his hand, and the sharp bones where there used to be soft curves. He instantly pulls back his hand.

"What!" He yells, "what are you?"

Veth's lip quivers and she drops the disguise.

Yeza's eyes widen, he moves back with such speed that he trips on himself, falling backwards. Backing against the wall he grabs whatever he can, which just so happens to be a stone, and readies it. "You've turned to one of them."