Chapter 21

"Can you please tone that down, Sing?" Gun complained. "Every time you turn your stereo on, you're making me deaf!"

"Sorry!"

"Why are you here anyway?" Gun said, annoyed.

His best friends suddenly burst into his room right after he was done taking a bath. He woke up without Off but this time, he was more confident that he'll be back. If he learned anything from the days they spent apart, that is trust is very important for a relationship to work.

"Well," Lee said as he munched on his cereal. "Arm and Tay told us-"

"Wait, wait, you're friends with Arm and Tay?" Gun asked.

"Jeez," Sing said. "Can't we be friends with your boyfriend's friends?"

Gun just continued to give them a weird look as if saying Really?

"Anyways," Lee continued. "They told us Prince Off's fiasco and that he sneaked out last night just to see you and, ehem, have a little date at the rooftop."

"How romantic," Sing cooed.

"So we're here to gossip about it. How did it go? Did you forgive him for missing for a couple of days? I think Tay mentioned that they saw you slap him."

"You guys are more nosy than my girl friends," Gun said. "But yeah, I did slap him."

"Oooooooh," Lee and Sing said in unison.

"The royal slap. I bet the press would pay thousands of dollars just to see that one live," Sing snickered.

"Sing, my life isn't for everyone to see," Gun rolled his eyes.

"Hold up," Lee said. "Somebody's calling."

As Sing and Gun continued to bicker about the actor's love life, Lee already heard the bad news. He spent a few minutes outside the porch as he paced back and forth, contemplating on how to tell Gun. He received a message from P'Mook.

Check out the news, channel 34. Now.

Lee didn't waste any time. His worried face as he went back inside the room gave Gun a bad feeling.

"Lee, are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

"Gun, I don't want to hurt you," Lee said. "But you have to see this."

"See what?"

He went to the mini living room and turned on the television. He flipped through the channels until he settled in on a channel with the news on.

"Lee? What is it?" Gun asked again.

"I don't have the heart to tell you," He said. "Just watch."

Gun's attention was focused on the news. He began to feel dizzy.

"Earlier this morning, the royal family attended their annual charity event. However, more shocking news was announced today. King Ryan Adulkittiporn announced the wedding of his only son, Prince Off Adulkittiporn, the only heir to the royal throne of Thailand, to Lai Chaltori, a distant relative of the King of Indonesia. This led to the rumors that Off's public announcement about his relationship with the famous actor, Gun Atthaphan is just another ploy that the mischievous prince has planned. "

Gun's world turned upside down.

***

The press was in chaos.

Multiple questions were asked spontaneously as the king tried to pacify the crowd but even his own composed self was starting to crumble. Off wanted to help his father, not because he felt sorry, but because he wanted to correct the king's lies but there are more pressing matters as of the moment.