Hero for a Day

Deku sighed as he stood over his hero suit, making it was easy with his Overhaul quirk. The design was based on the hero Kamui Woods, but made with metal instead of wood. Having thin metal gauntlets and greaves integrated into the fabric to provide comfort. There were two slots on the back that held two metal poles that he could Overhaul.

Hawks had a strange smile as he handed the falsified hero license to Deku, it had the name Iron Heart. The full title Hawks gave him was the Shield Hero: Iron Heart. He told Deku to only use his Overhaul quirk on small metal objects, making shields to defend civilians. The only reason Deku agreed was to spring whatever trap Hawks had planned and have the Liberation Front lose trust in him.

"Are you ready?" Hawks asked.

"Can we get this over with."

"With that attitude, no one will believe you're a hero."

Deku takes a deep breath trying to be positive about this, a year ago this would've been a dream come true "alright, I'm ready."

Deku creates a shield and places it on some Hawks' feathers. The feathers are strong enough to move a single person, so with five, Hawks could easily carry Deku to the nearby city. Being lifted into the air was a bit frightening, so Deku Overhauled his greaves into the shield so he wouldn't fall.

In the air, Deku would look around and see how small everything was. "You get to see the world like this all the time?"

"Yea, it's an experience I wouldn't have if I wasn't a pro hero."

It felt wonderful having the wind against you moving around freely, "When the Liberation Front succeeds, I'll analyze ways quirks can be used for recreational purposes." The two talked about things Hawks' feathers could do in a more peaceful society before arriving at the city.

Hawks dropped Deku off at the edge of the city. "This city is smaller than most and is close to multiple other cities, thus heroes don't have agencies around here. Instead, they're individual heroes from out of town on patrol, so having another out of town hero won't raise any suspicion at all. I'll be watching out for you in the sky so show me some hero spirit."

Deku started his patrol having gotten the basics from Hawks and what he could remember from watching heroes all his life. A few kids waved at the new hero and Deku waved back, one kid yelled "Metal Kamui!" Which started a discussion between the kid and his friends. Deku was a bit envious of that kid, the only person he talked to when he was that age was himself.

A good half-hour later Deku was heading around the corner when he heard someone start yelling.

"If you don't want this boy to be hurt then you'll do as I say!"

Once around the corner, Deku noticed that the voice came from a man covered in fur, wearing a white shirt and black shorts. He guessed the man's quirk is a mutant type and is based on whatever animal he looks like.

The man starts backing up, threatening everyone nearby as he bumps into someone behind him. Turning around he would see a glimpse of Deku before a shield is bashed into his face. Utilizing the moment Deku took out a metal pole and struck the man's arms. The man's arms jerk away as he let go of the boy and tried to orient himself. Getting a better look Deku noticed the man was like a sloth, the face wasn't as cute but he did have the dangerous looking claws.

The man glared and struck down with his claws, only to be blocked by Deku's shield. Turning the pole into another shield Deku blocks the claws on the other hand and kicks the man back. He quickly turns the two shields into a long metal pipe and strikes down, knocking the man unconscious.

Cops quickly arrive at the scene as the boy runs to his mother hugging her tightly. Once the villain is secured one of the cops walks up to Deku "thanks for your help, can we get a name for our report?"