There Once Was

May be triggering

*Penelope's pov*

     When I saw Brenden Gomez turn around, I ran in the opposite direction. Ran to my first class. I was having a panic attack. My freshman year I actually went to a different school East View Hills High school, I now attend Avery Valley High school. I went to East View my freshman year, Brenden was my first boyfriend, my best friend. We broke up because he cheated on me, well that's what I heard happened. After that I started drinking, partying none stop, I went to a party the summer before my sophomore year and I was raped. Nobody knows and I plan to keep it that way. I was drugged and dropped off at someone's car by my so called "friends".  I moved schools and cam and I started at Avery Valley my sophomore year and her freshman year. I havent heard anything from Brenden, or any of my old "friends" since I moved schools. Why was he here now? How did he know which locker was mine? Now I know who's car was parked next to mine.

Texts from cam

Cam🦋
Are you okay? You ran off when that guy turned around.....

Pen🌻
I'm okay. Hes my ex from East View. I didn't feel like talking to him. I'm in my home room. I will see you at lunch!

Cam🦋
Okay love you

Pen🌻
Love you more

     I staired off in my home room. Thinking about Brenden.  my next class was economics, then after that was AP literature, then Peer counseling (where I mentor freshman), then I have student aid. Then lunch. Then a free period to study and then finally AP art.

     I breezed through economics, Lit, peer counseling, and student aid. Finally it was lunch.

     As I was walking to the table cam, my other friends, and I sit at. I saw Brenden. I walked over and ignored him.

*camile's Pov*

     I saw Penelope walking over to the table. I had been talking to Brenden who was her ex. He told me that he never cheated on her. It was a set up by her ex friends. She ignored him and started talking to me.

"How were your first four classes Cam?" She said smiling.

"My first classes were fine I'm just excited to begin AP art!" I said

"Me too." She said back

"I am in AP art as well, sixth period with mrs. waters." Brenden said speaking up

"Wow really that's super cool we can all sit together." I said calmly

     Penelope didnt say anything. She just started to zone out which was a sign of an anxiety attack. I guess Brenden realized that as well and asked to walk around.

*Brendens pov*

      When penelope walked over to the table I couldn't help but stair, her long curly hair was even more beautiful than before. She was just so beautiful. She was wearing a zip up though and I couldnt understand why since we are in the middle of the hottest summers and everyone at school is wearing tank tops and shorts. We talked for a little but I could tell Penelope was starting to have an anxiety attack so I asked her if we could walk around and talk. It was my first day at school after all.

"Hey Penelope wanna walk around and show me around my new school?" I asked her

"Sure I guess." She said standoffish

    She got up from the table and grabbed her back pack. Cam waved goodbye.

"How have you been pen?" I asked