Start of Home

Triggering. If you or someone you know is suffering from depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts please call 1-(800) 273-8255. If you need immediate help please call 911.

     I woke up in a hot sweat, crying. My dad was dead, he raped me, I wanted to die. I look to my left and Brenden is here. I slowly get out of bed to not wake him. I check my phone 4:30 am. I go into my bathroom roll up my sleeves. I cut more I already had the fifty plus cuts there from before my shower. Some reopened, some fresh. I started on my thighs. I don't know how many times I cut.

      I heard the door open. It was Brenden.

*Brendens Pov*

     I noticed Penelope wasn't in bed so I assumed she was in the bathroom. It was 4:35 am and i walk into the bathroom to see Penelope on the floor with blood dripping from her thighs and wrists. I was in shock....

"Penelope no." I said about to cry

"Leave I don't want you to see me like this." Penelope said

     I started a bath. Put some Epsom salt in it and stirred made sure it wasnt too hot. The closet and bathroom were connected, so I walked into her closet picked some black sweats and a black hoodie and new panties.

"What are you doing?" She asked crying

"Take off everything except your panties and bra. I'm cleaning you up and then taking you to bed. Tomorrow we will talk to someone about this. I will not let you hurt yourself anymore. I didn't know it was this bad Penelope. I can't lose you." I said

     She took off her clothes that were soaked in blood. I had to throw them away. I noticed the bruises on her back, arms and shoulders. I carried her into the tub and I helped her clean the cuts off and helped her dry the wounds. I put medication on the wounds and wrapped them gently. I turned around while she changed. I carried her to bed and she layed there.

"How long have you been cutting?" I asked

"Since my sophomore year. When I left." Penelope said

*penelopes pov*

     He took care of me, didnt question it. Never complained. Helped me in and out of the bath, cleaned me up and carried me to bed.

"Why did you start love?" He asked

"My fathers abuse that no one knew about. Then you left. I got into an abusive relationship with a guy who actually cheated. I was a mess. I still am. I just don't want to do this anymore Brenden." I said

"Penelope I care about you so much, beyond your comprehension. I will take you somewhere to get help if that's what you need." He said his eyes beginning to water.

"I just can't lose you." He said

"I need help. I don't want to lose you either but I also want to die but I don't want to give up. If that makes sense" I said

"Pack some things and I will take you." He said

     I got my overnight bag again and put everything without string, everything I couldnt hurt myself with, and everything I needed in my bag. I took the string out of what I was wearing.  Brenden drove me to the nearest psychiatric hospital. Walked me in and told them what happened. And I kissed him goodbye and they placed me in a room alone. It was dark and cold. They took my blood. They took my bag and could only give me a few things. I felt alone.

Short chapter. I love writing this book. I promise it's going to get better. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts please call this hotline. 1-(800) 273-8255

I promise things will get better. Please get the help you need.