Chapter 26: Is this the dead end?

The chapter dedicated to Hazel_Jerk_Charmingalishba2424iridescentrose81... Thank you, guys!!

Also dedicated to FamEnosis and PhoenixAqua... Thank you for reviewing my book!!!

 Thank you for reviewing my book!!!

Whohooooo!! Comment and Vote! 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

You wake up every morning
to fight the same demons
that left you so tired
the night before, and
that, my love, is
bravery.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Anton:

I laid down on the couch for a minute or two. The weight of Cassandra's words began to sink in. My wolf stayed very quiet. I expected this... It seemed improbable to think that she might have even the slightest affection for us. 

Memories pierced our heart like poison darts as we recalled her words. 

'But, you are so cruel! I worked my whole life to fight and stand for myself. But, now... Hell! I will put my self-respect in the bin! I spread my legs wide for you! Yes, I will. Hell, I can't even love another man! I don't even love you! You marked me and now... Pfft!'

'Gratitude is the only reason that I'm doing this. It will be sex! Not lovemaking...'

She doesn't love us. Why would she? I was very stupid to think that she did even in the slightest. All this while, it was the mate bond working its magic. She never had feelings for me. She was only being kind which is in her nature.

My mind wandered to how she looked she was drunk. If she didn't spout hurtful words, I would've probably thought she looked cute and... Oh! So beautiful. She had no make-up. She did not even bother to make her hair. She had just thrown on her clothes and walked into the feast just to get drunk. Looking at her made me wonder why women even try to apply layers of foundation only to look fake. They look beautiful when they're natural.