Beigoma Reunite!

"Slow down Shu! My legs are turning into jelly!"

The snow-haired blader stopped and looked back at his complaining friend with mild amusement. "What?" Valt shouted on seeing the look on Shu's face.

"Nothing."

Valt huffed,"I am the Beyblade World Champion, not the Running World Champion, remember?"

"Right."Shu bent down to tie his shoelaces." Might give that a shot as well."He mumbled to himself.

After the finals, Shu started following a strict practice regime in order to better control his bey as well as his mind. He didn't want to let the same mistake happen twice. But Valt was persistent.

"Hey! Aren't you even the least grateful that I invited you for a race along the riverbank?" His tired-looking friend asked. Shu smiled,"Invited? More like dragged me into it." Valt pouted,"Oh c'mon,

you have to admit that this is much nicer than running on that machine-thingy on which you keep running and still stay at the same place... "

"You mean, a treadmill?" Shu resisted the urge to break out laughing. His best friend sure had a classic way of describing things he didn't know the name of.

Valt's face heated up. "W-whatever! " he stuttered. Shu shook his head and took in his surroundings. They were going by the place where Valt used to practice his FUN-DA-MEN-TALS. "Hey look!" Valt pointed towards a tree,"The rope's still tied to it!It doesn't even look like we were gone for so many months!" Shu nodded. "I think I'm gonna practice." Valt literally slid down the slope and ran, only to ram it someone. Shu slapped his own forehead at his friend's antics.

"What the... Valt?" "Honcho?" The blond blader pulled Valt to his feet, then laughed at his gaping face.

"As clumsy as ever, huh Valt?"

"What? No."

"You are."

"I'm not."

"Are!"

"Am not!"

By the time Shu reached there, both of the energetic bladers were looking for a bey stadium to battle and prove the other wrong. Shu cringed at their loud voices and resigned himself to their bickering. "Fancy bumping into you here, Shu."

"Wakiya."

By then, Valt and Rantaro had found a bey stadium and were battling it out. "I believe the others are coming as well?" Shu asked.

"They can't be far away." Wakiya mused. Right, Shu thought. Everyone knows that this is one of the spots Valt is more likely to be found at after returning from abroad. Sure enough, the place was soon crowded with both BC Sol as well as former Beigoma bladers."You have gotten strong again!"Rantaro complained as his beyblade burst into pieces. Valt grinned. Rantaro got angry,"You just wait... I am going to get stronger than you and kick your ass!" Shu winced at the language. Suddenly, a young blader ran in. "Valt, hide! Lui is looking for you. He is wants a beybattle, and he's VERY angry!" Shu looked around. The ice-cold blader was nowhere to be seen. "Where... " he started, but stopped after seeing the look in his eyes. All the bladers immediately went on edge. Valt, on the other hand, looked around expectantly. "Where IS he?"

Shu nudged his arm. Valt looked at him. He whispered,"Up there."

Valt looked up, straight into Kit Lopez's grinning face. He didn't get it at first, but then Kit shouted,"Happy April Fools' Day! " and took off running. Most of the bladers chased after him, while Shu smiled at them. 1st April already... who would have thought? Time flies.

His smile vanished when the mellow afternoon light suddenly grew dark. It was not supposed to rain or get cloudy... he thought as he looked up.

He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Hey Shu, are you seeing what I am seeing?" Valt asked. He had not chased after Kit as his legs were already sore from running.

"I am, I think."

The sky was, well, like nothing he had ever seen. It was lit up like a Christmas tree. "It looks like mashed jelly beans," Valt said dreamily.

"Valt, you..." Shu opened his mouth to retort about his gluttony habit, but stopped midway when a loud crash sounded from above. There was not a single cloud in the sky, yet lightning spiked through it, as if it was cracking.

" Um, Shu... what's happening?"

"I don't know Valt."

"I'm feeling dizzy."

Shu felt his head spin. The world went dark and out of focus. Just before he fell unconscious, he heard Valt mumble, "Please let the others be okay."

I know this is short... but the next chapter is much more longer!