The Spirit of BC Sol

Sunlight filtered in through the interwoven leaf-work of a dense forest. The small lake in the very middle of the forest let the gentle rays make dappled spots on the water, glimmering with each ripple. Somehow, the whole forest seemed... alive, breathing rhythmically. Even the lake carried a feeling of peace and serenity. It was otherworldly.

"Let it Rip! "

Oh - it's this world all right. Free mused as he watched Fafnir circle the beystadium for a while, then settle down and start spinning in the centre.

He was back at the old beystadium in the forest near BC Sol, the place where so many of his memories lay. He had gained, he had lost - and the crumbling beystadium had seen it all.

~Flashback~

"What is your name, son? "

"Free De La Hoya. "

Free Of The Valley - a unique name.

"Where do you live, Free? "

The kind-looking man smiled at the young child as he clutched his beyblade protectively.

"There." The child pointed far into the forest. In the forest? The man was bewildered. Maybe there's some village after crossing the forest, he reasoned. But still, for such a small child to cross a big forest on his own...

He had seen that boy come to the dilapidated beystadium before also. He just came, practiced quietly and went away, everyday. Yet, there was something about him that made the man curious about him. He looked at the child, who seemed pretty uncomfortable at being caught beyblading there. After all, the beystadium was BC Sol property and was not open for public use. Usually. The only time he had seen the boy show expression was when he was beyblading, so...

"Would you like to battle with an opponent? "

The boy looked up in surprise. He had not expected to get allowed to use the beystadium, let alone get invited to battle with an opponent. Everywhere else, they had told him off because he was 'unworthy', according to them. His face lit up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pink beyblade slowed to a stop.

"Wow... you're a genius! "

The brown-haired girl clapped her hands together. Free was thunderstruck. He had not expected her to react like that. Usually, in the village he came from, the older boys whom he always defeated in beybattles would scream and swear and try to beat him up. Likewise, he had expected his opponent to stomp her foot and complain to her grandfather.

"You are right, Chris. Free, you have great potential." The old man beamed at him,"We are extremely lucky to have you in BC Sol."He, on the other hand, was totally confused by the feelings going riot in his heart. He had never been praised by anyone. He didn't say it, but a single resolve worked itself into his mind.

He will make Jinbei Kuroda proud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Seems like Edel has taken a liking to you."

The old man remarked merrily from his chair by the old beystadium as the buck nuzzled Free's hand. The blader smiled but didn't say anything.

"Listen boy." The man beckoned him to come closer, "I have something important to tell you." He coughed. Free narrowed his eyes in concern. His health had been slowly deteriorating for some time now. The doctors had advised him against moving out of his bed, but he refused to listen.